Another Prime95 Rounding Error Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title says, I recently built a new system for a friend of mine, and I'm running into issues with Prime95. I'm getting 'Fatal Error: ED41E0A1' though I have no clue what that means. The txt document doesn't really answer my question, so I'm now here. Anyways this is the system : AMD A4-3300 APU, ASUS FA75-M, Corsair Vengeance 1333 RAM 8GB (2x4GB), Radeon HD 6450, WD Caviar blue 320GB.

Now first I should mention the system would NOT post at all with the memory at default configurations, (which is where I started to regret going with an APU system) the Mobo would give me memory error beeps, so I had to use MemOK! which downclocked the memory down to 1066 (1.55v) with 8-8-8-20 timings. I've read different threads saying that the RAM may be the issue, but I can't tell if that's really the issue. I tried BOTH ram sticks in my personal computer and they both work fine. No issues with memtest etc. I also tried to see if my ram from my personal machine would be showing the same errors in her computer, which it did. It simply would not boot with default ram settings. When I go into BIOS and change the timings and voltages to default, it won't restart as well, which forces me to use MemOK! AGAIN. I'm really frustrated and she's getting impatient, so I'm trying to find a solution.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Mocchan

Solution
It is not a good sign when the memory does not even run in spec. I do not think it is an APU thing, but it could be. It may also be a board defect/bug.

How long did you run memtest(I use memtest86+) for? Have you tried with just one stick?

This is one time when getting memory from the QVL may be a good idea. Some boards may well just be picky about memory.

I never used to care, but have run into a few boards that are just memory picky. Guess you cant win them all.
It is not a good sign when the memory does not even run in spec. I do not think it is an APU thing, but it could be. It may also be a board defect/bug.

How long did you run memtest(I use memtest86+) for? Have you tried with just one stick?

This is one time when getting memory from the QVL may be a good idea. Some boards may well just be picky about memory.

I never used to care, but have run into a few boards that are just memory picky. Guess you cant win them all.

Solution

Both of the RAM were not on the QVL unfortunately, that may have been the issue after all. I ran Memtest for about 20 mins on each stick, and about 1 hour for both. Unfortunately this was my first APU build as well with my first time with this Mobo, so lack of experience and research before picking out parts may have been the consequence of what's happening. I'll see if i can exchange this RAM for a different type at Fry's when I go next. If it's as simple as that then I'll be sure to look at QVL for each motherboard I get for this type of build. Never again do I want two weeks frustration LOL!

Thanks very much for your help. Selecting as best answer :)

I used to just ignore it too, but like i say, I am learning too(got some stuff that did not work quite right).

For memtest, it is best to test overnight(memtest tests section by section, so it does not stress like prime does. You want to stress memory with prime, use blend) or as long as you can.

Yes, definitely a first for everything :) and always space to learn! I'll keep that in mind next time I need to run memtest, thanks again for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.