Sign in with
Your question

Rampage IV ......... regarding RAM specifications

Last response: in Motherboards
March 2, 2013 6:17:27 AM

Guys, the ASUS Rampage IV Extreme E-ATX board has 8-memory slots supporting 64 GB DDR3 memory but i7 3790X processor supports 4 memory slots with 64 GB memory ?? So, can I install 8 memory sticks to get 64 GB memory or will I have to stick to 32 GB memory due to the slot constraint of the processor ?? Any 16 GB memory sticks currently available or 8 GB per stick is the max currently ??
a b V Motherboard
March 2, 2013 6:32:53 AM

Monster123 said:
Guys, the ASUS Rampage IV Extreme E-ATX board has 8-memory slots supporting 64 GB DDR3 memory but i7 3790X processor supports 4 memory slots with 64 GB memory ?? So, can I install 8 memory sticks to get 64 GB memory or will I have to stick to 32 GB memory due to the slot constraint of the processor ?? Any 16 GB memory sticks currently available or 8 GB per stick is the max currently ??

16 gb are out but those will be ECC Registered (i.e. server memory), so they won't work in a normal desktop.As far as i7 3790X is concerned YOU HAVE TO STICK TO 32 gb with your mobo which should be more than enough.why do you need 64 gb by the way ? 32 gb is more than enough for any application.
m
l
March 2, 2013 2:11:29 PM

Kinda you are right but I am building a future proof PC so wanted to have 64 GB of RAM...... anyways its OK. So, what do you think G. Skilll TridentX is better or Corsair Dominator Platinum series ????
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
March 3, 2013 4:09:59 AM

Monster123 said:
Kinda you are right but I am building a future proof PC so wanted to have 64 GB of RAM...... anyways its OK. So, what do you think G. Skilll TridentX is better or Corsair Dominator Platinum series ????

Well you should not go with me as I am little partial towards crucial -always preferred it more. Have the Dominator Platinium series and working fine. But G.skill is as good as the other.
m
l
!