Sign in with
Your question

Ati radeon hd 6870 crossfire problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 11, 2011 6:46:12 AM

Hello, i got a big problem with crossfire using 2xhd 6870 video cards i got as motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 and a corair power supply 1050v more then enough to sustain 2x those cards but the thing is when i leave in there a single video card my system run like a plane when i use 2 card but with no crossfire all is fine. In the moment i enable crossfire option from catalyst i get a lot of freezes mouse lag and low fps is is this a problem for them should i w8 for an uptade to the drivers pls help !!!
January 9, 2012 8:41:34 AM

Alex_Alex16 said:
Hello, i got a big problem with crossfire using 2xhd 6870 video cards i got as motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 and a corair power supply 1050v more then enough to sustain 2x those cards but the thing is when i leave in there a single video card my system run like a plane when i use 2 card but with no crossfire all is fine. In the moment i enable crossfire option from catalyst i get a lot of freezes mouse lag and low fps is is this a problem for them should i w8 for an uptade to the drivers pls help !!!

Hey mate :)  I am having the same problem on my new PC. My motherboard is GIGABYTE 970A-D3 AMD970 + SB950 DDR3 AM3+ but when I start a game on full HD resolution ( 1920/1080 ) the system crashes and I get blue screen. What solution did you find out? :)  you can reply me on e-mail neno@abv.bg thank you
January 9, 2012 5:19:32 PM

dementor123 said:
Hey mate :)  I am having the same problem on my new PC. My motherboard is GIGABYTE 970A-D3 AMD970 + SB950 DDR3 AM3+ but when I start a game on full HD resolution ( 1920/1080 ) the system crashes and I get blue screen. What solution did you find out? :)  you can reply me on e-mail neno@abv.bg thank you

I'm curious what games you are running? The only issues I have had (I also have the 970A-D3 in that setup) and the only time I have had any crashing issues is with Black Ops, and then only with 8x AA enabled. Everything else has run flawlessly with the 12.1 preview driver.
a b U Graphics card
January 9, 2012 11:11:34 PM

try this:
1-uninstall ccc and profiles from control panel,shut down
2-remove second card,restart.
3- install latest ccc AND profiles,shut down.
4-install second card,start and recheck
!