Asus P8Z77-M moterboard and Strontium RAM Module - 8 GB - DDR3 SDRAM

brucenz

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Hi everyone

I have read other comments on this same topic but there are so many variations in answers I hoped people would give me new opinions rather than referring me to old posts which may be out of date

I have bought a Asus P8Z77-M motherboard and 2 x Strontium 8GB DDR3 SDRAM and when I plug the 2 DIMMS into the 2 blue DIMM sockets on the motherboard the PC will not post. The motherboard is installed vertically with the din and dvi sockets at the top of the case pointing upwards.

If I plug one DIMM into the bottom blue RAM socket the PC will boot and report it has 8GB of RAM.
If I then plug both DIMMs in - one in the bottom blue socket and one into the next (upward) black socket the PC will post as well and report is has 16GB of RAM.
But the upper 2 RAM sockets do not work at all.

I have spent hours researching. I have updated the BIOS and nothing has worked. Please tell me:
Is the motherboard at fault?
Is the RAM faulty (I don't think so because the computer can read it and memory tests confirm its working).
Are both RAM and motherboard faulty?

Thanks
bruce

brucenz

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

Thanks but where on the MB would there be bent pins?

Do you mean the CPU - everything is brand new and was carefully put together by an experienced computer engineer.

Latest posts