Lost "My Music" folder-icon. Cannot recover...

Hi!

Recebntly I have lost the icon of my "My Music" folder
(don't know how and when). Since the folder hast the
default folder icon.
The Desktop.ini is as follows:
---
[DeleteOnCopy]
Owner=Christoph Pach
Personalized=13
PersonalizedName=Eigene Musik
[.ShellClassInfo]
InfoTip=@Shell32.dll,-12689
IconFile=%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll
IconIndex=-237
---
Thats like it is on a brand new installed system.
Icons of "MY Documents" and "My Pictures" are correct.
Also the directory is set as the "My Music"-Directory
(approved by the registry and TweakUI).

So why is the "My Music" folder icon incorrect?

System info: Windows XP Home + SP1 + SP2

TIA

Christoph Pach
4 answers Last reply
More about lost music folder icon recover

    Try in Folder Options to reset web settings.

    Also the read only attribute needs to be set. Copy the following linrs into a Text Document called something.vbs. Then type in Start Run, Sendto. Copy the file into the sendto folder. Send My Music to it and see if Read Only is set or not. If not then set it.

    'ToggleReadOnlyBit.vbs
    'Ver 1.1 5-May-1999
    'Changes the current Read Only attributes for the file or folder
    'Place in the Send To folder or use the supplied registry file to add to the context menu
    '
    'Serenity Macros http://www.angelfire.com/biz/serenitymacros
    'David Candy davidc@mvp.com
    '
    On Error Resume Next
    vbPara=vbCRLF & vbCRLF
    strExplain="" & vbPara & "Continue"
    strTitle="Serenity's Toggle Read Only Attribute"

    Dim Sh
    Set Sh = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    Sh.RegWrite "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\" & Wscript.ScriptName & "\", Chr(34) & Wscript.ScriptFullName & Chr(34)
    Sh.RegWrite "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\" & Left(Wscript.ScriptName, Len(Wscript.ScriptName)-3) & "exe" & "\", Chr(34) & Wscript.ScriptFullName & Chr(34)
    ReportErrors "Updating App Paths"
    Dim Ag
    Set Ag=Wscript.Arguments
    Dim fso
    Dim File

    If Ag.Count=1 then
    Set file = fso.GetFile(Ag(0))
    If Err.Number=53 then
    Err.Clear
    Set file = fso.GetFolder(Ag(0))
    End If
    If Err.Number=0 Then
    If File.Attributes And 1 Then
    If MsgBox("Read Only Attribute is set for " & File.Name & vbcrlf & vbcrlf & "Press Ok to clear System Bit" ,vbokcancel + vbQuestion, strTitle)=1 Then
    File.Attributes=SetAllowedAttr(File.Attributes) -1
    End If
    Else
    If MsgBox("Read Only Attribute is NOT set for " & File.Name & vbcrlf & vbcrlf & "Press Ok to set System Bit" ,vbokcancel + vbQuestion, strTitle)=1 Then
    File.Attributes=SetAllowedAttr(File.Attributes) +1
    End If
    End If
    ReportErrors "Setting Attributes"
    Else
    ReportErrors "Creating File Object"
    End If
    Else
    If Ag.Count > 1 Then
    Msgbox "More than one item passed on command line",vbCritical+vbOKonly,strTitle
    ElseIf Ag.Count=0 Then
    Msgbox "No parameters passed on command line." & vbPara & "Usage:" & vbPara &"Toggles the Read Only Attribute for a file or folder." &vbPara & "ToggleReadOnlyBit [File or Folder Name] ",vbInformation+vbOKonly,strTitle
    End If
    End If

    ReportErrors "Main"

    Function SetAllowedAttr(n)
    'Removing all read only attributes from n which is current file attributes
    z=n
    If n And 128 then z=z-128
    If n And 64 then z=z-64
    If n And 16 then z=z-16
    If n And 8 then z=z-8
    SetAllowedAttr=z
    End Function

    Sub ReportErrors(strModuleName)
    If err.number<>0 then Msgbox "An unexpected error occurred. This dialog provides details on the error." & vbCRLF & vbCRLF & "Error Details " & vbCRLF & vbCRLF & "Script Name" & vbTab & Wscript.ScriptFullName & vbCRLF & "Module" & vbtab & vbTab & strModuleName & vbCRLF & "Error Number" & vbTab & err.number & vbCRLF & "Description" & vbTab & err.description, vbCritical + vbOKOnly, "Something unexpected"
    Err.clear
    End Sub

    War on the Pachyderms Terrorists
    http://www.counterpunch.org/wilson09012004.html
    "Christoph pach" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71b301c494ae$d69c89e0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    > Hi!
    >
    > Recebntly I have lost the icon of my "My Music" folder
    > (don't know how and when). Since the folder hast the
    > default folder icon.
    > The Desktop.ini is as follows:
    > ---
    > [DeleteOnCopy]
    > Owner=Christoph Pach
    > Personalized=13
    > PersonalizedName=Eigene Musik
    > [.ShellClassInfo]
    > InfoTip=@Shell32.dll,-12689
    > IconFile=%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll
    > IconIndex=-237
    > ---
    > Thats like it is on a brand new installed system.
    > Icons of "MY Documents" and "My Pictures" are correct.
    > Also the directory is set as the "My Music"-Directory
    > (approved by the registry and TweakUI).
    >
    > So why is the "My Music" folder icon incorrect?
    >
    > System info: Windows XP Home + SP1 + SP2
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Christoph Pach

    >Try in Folder Options to reset web settings.

    Where can I do this? In the properties of "non-special"-
    folders there is the tab "customize" where the folder
    icon can be set and reset to defaults. For special
    folders like the "My Music" folder there is no such a tab.

    >Also the read only attribute needs to be set. Copy the
    following linrs into a Text Document called
    something.vbs. Then type in Start Run, Sendto. Copy the
    file into the sendto folder. Send My Music to it and see
    if Read Only is set or not. If not then set it.

    Erm, that seems a little bit complicated for setting the
    RO-attribute ;-) I have the Archive, System, Hidden and
    ReadOnly attribute set using the ATTRIB-command at
    command shell...
    That did not take any effect. (By default, Desktop.inis
    are not read-only)...

    In control Panel, I meant Reset Folder Settings not web.

    The folder must be read only.

    "Christoph Pach" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:060801c494ba$ea42a2c0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    > >Try in Folder Options to reset web settings.
    >
    > Where can I do this? In the properties of "non-special"-
    > folders there is the tab "customize" where the folder
    > icon can be set and reset to defaults. For special
    > folders like the "My Music" folder there is no such a tab.
    >
    > >Also the read only attribute needs to be set. Copy the
    > following linrs into a Text Document called
    > something.vbs. Then type in Start Run, Sendto. Copy the
    > file into the sendto folder. Send My Music to it and see
    > if Read Only is set or not. If not then set it.
    >
    > Erm, that seems a little bit complicated for setting the
    > RO-attribute ;-) I have the Archive, System, Hidden and
    > ReadOnly attribute set using the ATTRIB-command at
    > command shell...
    > That did not take any effect. (By default, Desktop.inis
    > are not read-only)...

    >In control Panel, I meant Reset Folder Settings not web.

    Reseting folders settings will only reset the settings of
    the folder view, but not the folder icons...

    >The folder must be read only.
    The folder? Mmm... must check this...

Configuration Music Customization Windows XP