Lost "My Music" folder-icon. Cannot recover...

Hi!

Recebntly I have lost the icon of my "My Music" folder
(don't know how and when). Since the folder hast the
default folder icon.
The Desktop.ini is as follows:
---
[DeleteOnCopy]
Owner=Christoph Pach
Personalized=13
PersonalizedName=Eigene Musik
[.ShellClassInfo]
InfoTip=@Shell32.dll,-12689
IconFile=%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll
IconIndex=-237
---
Thats like it is on a brand new installed system.
Icons of "MY Documents" and "My Pictures" are correct.
Also the directory is set as the "My Music"-Directory
(approved by the registry and TweakUI).

So why is the "My Music" folder icon incorrect?

System info: Windows XP Home + SP1 + SP2

TIA

Christoph Pach

Try in Folder Options to reset web settings.

Also the read only attribute needs to be set. Copy the following linrs into a Text Document called something.vbs. Then type in Start Run, Sendto. Copy the file into the sendto folder. Send My Music to it and see if Read Only is set or not. If not then set it.

'ToggleReadOnlyBit.vbs
'Ver 1.1 5-May-1999
'Changes the current Read Only attributes for the file or folder
'Place in the Send To folder or use the supplied registry file to add to the context menu
'
'Serenity Macros http://www.angelfire.com/biz/serenitymacros
'David Candy davidc@mvp.com
'
On Error Resume Next
vbPara=vbCRLF & vbCRLF
strExplain="" & vbPara & "Continue"
strTitle="Serenity's Toggle Read Only Attribute"

Dim Sh
Set Sh = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Sh.RegWrite "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\" & Wscript.ScriptName & "\", Chr(34) & Wscript.ScriptFullName & Chr(34)
Sh.RegWrite "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\" & Left(Wscript.ScriptName, Len(Wscript.ScriptName)-3) & "exe" & "\", Chr(34) & Wscript.ScriptFullName & Chr(34)
ReportErrors "Updating App Paths"
Dim Ag
Set Ag=Wscript.Arguments
Dim fso
Dim File

If Ag.Count=1 then
Set file = fso.GetFile(Ag(0))
If Err.Number=53 then
Err.Clear
Set file = fso.GetFolder(Ag(0))
End If
If Err.Number=0 Then
If File.Attributes And 1 Then
If MsgBox("Read Only Attribute is set for " & File.Name & vbcrlf & vbcrlf & "Press Ok to clear System Bit" ,vbokcancel + vbQuestion, strTitle)=1 Then
File.Attributes=SetAllowedAttr(File.Attributes) -1
End If
Else
If MsgBox("Read Only Attribute is NOT set for " & File.Name & vbcrlf & vbcrlf & "Press Ok to set System Bit" ,vbokcancel + vbQuestion, strTitle)=1 Then
File.Attributes=SetAllowedAttr(File.Attributes) +1
End If
End If
ReportErrors "Setting Attributes"
Else
ReportErrors "Creating File Object"
End If
Else
If Ag.Count > 1 Then
Msgbox "More than one item passed on command line",vbCritical+vbOKonly,strTitle
ElseIf Ag.Count=0 Then
Msgbox "No parameters passed on command line." & vbPara & "Usage:" & vbPara &"Toggles the Read Only Attribute for a file or folder." &vbPara & "ToggleReadOnlyBit [File or Folder Name] ",vbInformation+vbOKonly,strTitle
End If
End If

ReportErrors "Main"

Function SetAllowedAttr(n)
'Removing all read only attributes from n which is current file attributes
z=n
If n And 128 then z=z-128
If n And 64 then z=z-64
If n And 16 then z=z-16
If n And 8 then z=z-8
SetAllowedAttr=z
End Function

Sub ReportErrors(strModuleName)
If err.number<>0 then Msgbox "An unexpected error occurred. This dialog provides details on the error." & vbCRLF & vbCRLF & "Error Details " & vbCRLF & vbCRLF & "Script Name" & vbTab & Wscript.ScriptFullName & vbCRLF & "Module" & vbtab & vbTab & strModuleName & vbCRLF & "Error Number" & vbTab & err.number & vbCRLF & "Description" & vbTab & err.description, vbCritical + vbOKOnly, "Something unexpected"
Err.clear
End Sub

War on the Pachyderms Terrorists
http://www.counterpunch.org/wilson09012004.html
"Christoph pach" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71b301c494ae$d69c89e0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> Hi!
>
> Recebntly I have lost the icon of my "My Music" folder
> (don't know how and when). Since the folder hast the
> default folder icon.
> The Desktop.ini is as follows:
> ---
> [DeleteOnCopy]
> Owner=Christoph Pach
> Personalized=13
> PersonalizedName=Eigene Musik
> [.ShellClassInfo]
> InfoTip=@Shell32.dll,-12689
> IconFile=%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll
> IconIndex=-237
> ---
> Thats like it is on a brand new installed system.
> Icons of "MY Documents" and "My Pictures" are correct.
> Also the directory is set as the "My Music"-Directory
> (approved by the registry and TweakUI).
>
> So why is the "My Music" folder icon incorrect?
>
> System info: Windows XP Home + SP1 + SP2
>
> TIA
>
> Christoph Pach

>Try in Folder Options to reset web settings.

Where can I do this? In the properties of "non-special"-
folders there is the tab "customize" where the folder
icon can be set and reset to defaults. For special
folders like the "My Music" folder there is no such a tab.

>Also the read only attribute needs to be set. Copy the
following linrs into a Text Document called
something.vbs. Then type in Start Run, Sendto. Copy the
file into the sendto folder. Send My Music to it and see
if Read Only is set or not. If not then set it.

Erm, that seems a little bit complicated for setting the
RO-attribute ;-) I have the Archive, System, Hidden and
ReadOnly attribute set using the ATTRIB-command at
command shell...
That did not take any effect. (By default, Desktop.inis
are not read-only)...

In control Panel, I meant Reset Folder Settings not web.

The folder must be read only.

"Christoph Pach" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:060801c494ba$ea42a2c0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> >Try in Folder Options to reset web settings.
>
> Where can I do this? In the properties of "non-special"-
> folders there is the tab "customize" where the folder
> icon can be set and reset to defaults. For special
> folders like the "My Music" folder there is no such a tab.
>
> >Also the read only attribute needs to be set. Copy the
> following linrs into a Text Document called
> something.vbs. Then type in Start Run, Sendto. Copy the
> file into the sendto folder. Send My Music to it and see
> if Read Only is set or not. If not then set it.
>
> Erm, that seems a little bit complicated for setting the
> RO-attribute ;-) I have the Archive, System, Hidden and
> ReadOnly attribute set using the ATTRIB-command at
> command shell...
> That did not take any effect. (By default, Desktop.inis
> are not read-only)...

>In control Panel, I meant Reset Folder Settings not web.

Reseting folders settings will only reset the settings of
the folder view, but not the folder icons...

>The folder must be read only.
The folder? Mmm... must check this...