Laptop running slow HELP

AznInvazn57

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Hello, I have a Lenovo y570 with an intel i7 at 2.4 (i believe) and a nvidia geforce gt 555m. I used to play many of my games on high settings without problems and then i had a hard drive failure so i sent it in to lenovo to get it fixed. they replaced my harddrives which in turn deleted everything i had (forgot to back everything up...dumb i know) and i downloaded a few of my games again and they played perfectly fine and now all of a sudden i noticed that in game performance is horrible. I used to play Saints Row The Third on Dx11 high settings perfectly fine and now i can only play on DX9 because the game will freeze intermittently on DX11 and i dont know what is causing the problem because no matter what graphic settings i put it at the problem persists which leads me to believe it isnt the graphics card.

AznInvazn57

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

I've already downloaded the highest available graphics driver from the Nvidia website already. Do the drivers from the lenovo website tend to work better than the newer drivers?

AznInvazn57

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

I have been on the internet, but I check for viruses and malware regularly so I do not think that would be causing this problem.

AznInvazn57

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

Ohh ok. I'll give that a shot and hope for the best. I'll let you know how that works out. Thanks!

Anonymous_26

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012

If you haven't been on the internet and you've ran anti-virus/malware software and it came up with nothing then I would blame the drivers. I would try the drivers from Lenovo as Pyree said and see if that does anything.

AznInvazn57

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Well I downloaded the graphic driver from the link given and it still didn't work unfortunately :( I booted up Saints row the third again and it's still freezing intermittently just like it did before...

TRENDING THREADS