Sign in with
Your question

Laptop running slow HELP

Last response: in CPUs
April 21, 2012 3:44:59 AM

Hello, I have a Lenovo y570 with an intel i7 at 2.4 (i believe) and a nvidia geforce gt 555m. I used to play many of my games on high settings without problems and then i had a hard drive failure so i sent it in to lenovo to get it fixed. they replaced my harddrives which in turn deleted everything i had (forgot to back everything up...dumb i know) and i downloaded a few of my games again and they played perfectly fine and now all of a sudden i noticed that in game performance is horrible. I used to play Saints Row The Third on Dx11 high settings perfectly fine and now i can only play on DX9 because the game will freeze intermittently on DX11 and i dont know what is causing the problem because no matter what graphic settings i put it at the problem persists which leads me to believe it isnt the graphics card.

More about : laptop running slow

a b à CPUs
April 21, 2012 5:21:47 AM

Re-install drivers first. Since you got the new HDD have you played around on the internet. If so you might want to check for viruses and malware,
m
l
Related resources
April 21, 2012 1:55:05 PM

Anonymous_26 said:
Re-install drivers first. Since you got the new HDD have you played around on the internet. If so you might want to check for viruses and malware,

I have been on the internet, but I check for viruses and malware regularly so I do not think that would be causing this problem.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 21, 2012 1:58:34 PM

You have to use the custom driver from lenovo, not the reference driver from Nvidia.
m
l
April 21, 2012 2:00:03 PM

Pyree said:
You have to use the custom driver from lenovo, not the reference driver from Nvidia.

Ohh ok. I'll give that a shot and hope for the best. I'll let you know how that works out. Thanks!
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 21, 2012 7:03:07 PM

AznInvazn57 said:
I have been on the internet, but I check for viruses and malware regularly so I do not think that would be causing this problem.

If you haven't been on the internet and you've ran anti-virus/malware software and it came up with nothing then I would blame the drivers. I would try the drivers from Lenovo as Pyree said and see if that does anything.
m
l
April 22, 2012 4:08:34 AM

Well I downloaded the graphic driver from the link given and it still didn't work unfortunately :(  I booted up Saints row the third again and it's still freezing intermittently just like it did before...
m
l
!