Bestter to install thru "Add/Remove"?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Is it better to install new programs through the option in
Add/Remove programs?

I usually install a new program by running the suppliers SETUP
routine.

Would it be better if I called that SETUP routine via the "Add"
button on Add/Remove? Maybe XP would log the time and dates of
programs more thoroughly this way or keep a better audit trail
somewhere?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Makes no difference. The setup program has all the smarts.

War on the Pachyderms Terrorists
http://www.counterpunch.org/wilson09012004.html