1. Go to your wireless router software and click on the security setting section. Create a WEP key by providing a secret code or password that restricts access to the network.
2. Be sure to choose a key with a combination of letters, numbers and symbols. These types of codes are the most difficult to break.
3. Click on the wireless connections options on your wireless router software. Find your router from the list of found servers and click on security settings.
4. Add the WEP key that you used on the main router settings to the wireless device. A lock symbol should now appear next to the name of your wireless router from the list of available routers.
5. Access the Internet via your router using only devices that have the WEP installed in their wireless settings. Without it, they will not be able to complete the connections to the network. This information must be added to all wireless devices that you plan to access via the router.