ANWZCS2 error and no WEP connection

montyman77

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
I was having troubles with my DLink WUA-1340 it wouldn't connect to any network, so I uninstalled it and upgraded to a Netgear WNA3100 usb adapter. It wouldn't work either, but after installing the latest software update, it can connect to an open network in my area but not my home network which is secured with WEP. Does anyone know why this is? I tried using system restore to restore my system to when my old Dlink card worked but no luck and now everytime I boot I get an error saying that ANWZCS2 program won't start so I suspect that that might cause the problem?

thanks

montyman77

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
I am using that WZC utility and it still doesn't connect to my WEP network but it connects to the open one and my other computer connects to it fine so i doubt its the router

montyman77

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
ok i did that and removed 31 files of the program then a little popup appeared and said that it will no longer autostart! so I'm going to restart my computer I'll let you know how it goes

montyman77

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
the service is enabled and running properly
I want to try and avoid changing the router's security because i had trouble setting up in the first place and the tech support people set it up after a couple of hours