How can i overclock a motherboard that wont let me

I tryed to overclock my asus intel pentium with a program called power strip and where it shows the toggles to overclock it the toggles/bars wont let me move them they wont respond and it says that i need to give it administrative permissions but i already am running it as administrator
3 answers Last reply
More about overclock motherboard wont
  1. First off list your system specs..mobo,cpu,etc.
  2. That program is for graphics cards, outdated, should not be used, and not for CPUs. You can't overclock pentiums, and I doubt you have a compatible GPU
  3. unksol said:
    That program is for graphics cards, outdated, should not be used, and not for CPUs. You can't overclock pentiums, and I doubt you have a compatible GPU

Agreed.
    We could give better advice as mentioned if you gave your basics (CPU, Graphics Card, RAM type/amount, motherboard, Windows version).

It sounds like maybe you're playing a game and need a little more oomph. It sounds like your computer's fairly old so I'm not sure what advice I can give but if you'd like some list the above specs and if it's for gaming also list the GAME(S) you are attempting to play.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Overclocking Motherboards