GPU with DX12 info

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivan chandra

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
anyone know about DirectX 12? when it will come out? possible that DirectX 11 will soon be replaced?

I just want to know because I've bought DX11 GPU and the news is really annoying, I'm just afraid if the GPU I have bought with expensive prices will soon be left behind. or am I just being paranoid ...

maybe there who think like me?

Solution
Not much to worry about DX11.1 is coming with Windows 8 and that is about it for changes in the near term coming year. I'm not sure if there are any GPU changes that come with DX11.1 but the new version has more libraries for making games than the current DX11 so that is about all that anyone needs to worry about for now. Oh and there has been no reported new features in the HD7000 series and GTX600 series cards that are coming out soon (No DX 11.1 support noted from what I have read)

ivan chandra

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
I also think like that, it is still little games that take advantage of DX11, but the news really made me think had the wrong step in buying a GPU, maybe I should wait until next year...

andywork78

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
I wish DX12 is update of DX11.
DX11 still has lots of bug.
If DX12 change architecture again...
Then most of all user have to spend money to change gpu again~~!!!
I don't wanna change my gpu because of dx12.... TT,.TT

gnomio

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
Dx 11 doesnt have lots of bugs. The software thats written towards it has lots of bugs.
DX 12 will be a update as they wont redesign the gpu again. Only update and add to the design they will

caqde

Distinguished
Not much to worry about DX11.1 is coming with Windows 8 and that is about it for changes in the near term coming year. I'm not sure if there are any GPU changes that come with DX11.1 but the new version has more libraries for making games than the current DX11 so that is about all that anyone needs to worry about for now. Oh and there has been no reported new features in the HD7000 series and GTX600 series cards that are coming out soon (No DX 11.1 support noted from what I have read)

Solution

userngalan

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011

agree!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.