It's been fun while it lasted....

I haven’t been on THF much for the past few days and I just came back to see what’s been going on. I came and found that NOTHING has changed. As some of you know, I’ve been here as an active member since 2007 (Exactly since 2/12/2007. How do I know you say? I sent my first PM that day, the same day I signed up). From that day on, I have noticed the change in quality of the posts, comments, and the so called “news”. All of these have gone downhill.

Comments:
The quality of the comments has gone down a LOT. There is quite a bit of misinformation that is being spread by people who don’t know WTF they are talking about. There is also VERY little you can learn from the comments.

OP Posts:
Seeing the same stupid questions week after week gets annoying. People need to learn how to F***ing READ and use Google! Don’t get me wrong, there are some really good OPs made and I respect that, however the majority (90%+ now I say) are useless and repetitive.

There is also a lack of feedback from the OPs. Most of these are just one time accounts and don’t contribute anything back. At least let us know if what we said worked!

News:
This is ridiculous. The so called “news” is days late. It’s sad to see stuff that’s posted on other sites 2+ days earlier and then seeing the same stuff on Toms. In the past, this used to be the other way around. As a person who’s being WCing for a while, your so called “20 Clever Liquid-Cooled PC Setups” was cr@p. Same goes for your so called “case mods”. Your “Concrete PC Case “ was nothing new. Unique? Yes. Then so are all these other mods. Just look over at the modding section in BitTech and you’ll see what I mean. Some of your “reviews” have decreased in quality too. Lastly, stop wasting your F***ing time on cr@p like this: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/thomas-mills-circular-bookshelf,news-8973.html

So with that being said, I can understand why the old vets here like Comp, Zorg, conumdrum, et al have moved on. They were just lucky they didn’t get to see what has become of Toms today. It’s about time that I joined their ranks. There is nothing much I can learn and gain from THF. And there is nothing you can do when people just won't listen. I will move on to bit tech or somewhere else and catch up on my gaming. I realized that I spent more time on Toms than on games. So without further ado, I say so long to all you mods and the vets who are still here. I will still browse Toms from time to time and I will respond to some PMs and threads that I deem worthy. I will be getting my news, reviews, etc from else where.

And good bye, random, rubix, conumdrum, afrod, sub mesa, mm, Prophecy, badge, jsc, buwish and anyone else I missed.

Perhaps once the quality improves here down the road, I may become an active member again.

So long THF. It’s been fun knowing you all.

edit:
For all you vets still here @ THF. Really think about it.

And one last thing:
I will not name here, but some of you editors have/will really cause this site to go down in terms of quality in the long run. BoM is just after the money. They don't care about much else and again, this will hurt them down the road. I seriously doubt TH will exist 7+ years from now.

tecmo34

Administrator
Shadow,

As I will be one of many to say wish you would stay around but you must do what is right for you. I wish you the best of luck, I enjoyed posting along side of you here at Tom's and stop by and say high once in a while :)

Best of Luck to you!!

Doug
(tecmo34)

edit: Does this mean Randomizer can have his advatar back now :lol:

randomizer

Champion
I will take it by force if necessary! :)

I personally don't like Tom's Style either, but for different reasons to you since I am privy to what was/is going on behind the scenes. The whole thing is a bad idea IMO at a fundamental level.

What? You don't like the circular bookcase?!? :lol:

Fortunately as I've set myself up to be so extremely busy this year (and probably the next four for that matter) I only read/post/help on interesting things here. If I spent any significant time on the forums, I'd fail college (which would be bad at this point) so the very true problems you noted don't bother me too much.

@ Shadow

Ummm... can you come back at least once a week? My cat seems to be in love with your's and his life is now a wreck since you left.. I mean just look at him, staying up all night, getting drunk every day, he's a mess. He used to be such a happly little guy. Think about it, Ok ??

And good bye, random, rubix, conumdrum, afrod, sub mesa, mm, Prophecy, badge, jsc, buwish and anyone else I missed.

Perhaps once the quality improves here down the road, I may become an active member again.

Thanks for mentioning me eighth on the list before jsc and buwish.

Shadow, your plea for a higher place to be heard is with us always. I know when you made this vid you were down. Don't worry, Brittney will be Ok.

[flash=480,385]http://www.youtube.com/v/kHmvkRoEowc?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]