Imaging-Resource Comparometer Sony F 828 OFF COCK?

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
May 10, 2005 11:35:19 AM

I am trying to deceide between the Sony f828 and Olympus 8080. In using
the comparometer at:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM
Check out the F828MAC.jpg macro image for the sony at 100% even the
dollar bill is blurred. I have gotten a better macro from a $150
digicam. Is there something we should know about the people running
this site?
Any insight into the sony would be appreciated, I have tried the 8080
with excellent results however the asthetics and lens on the sony seem
to be outstanding. Bigger zoom, lower F stop, wider angle for
close-ups, supherb quality construction and feel. Does it take as good
pictures?

"a wet bird never flies by night"
May 10, 2005 12:38:14 PM

The 7 MP cameras have body and lens inferrior to what I am talking
about. What good is it to have a sometimes sharper sensor with inferior
lens and body?
May 10, 2005 9:12:37 PM

So far I have shot two weddings with my Olym. C8080. They bought *every*
picture! Now I'm saving for an Evolt and a few lenses. The extra battery
grip is a BIG help if you're shooting a bit of flash.

JDR

"RICHARD" <decobijou@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to deceide between the Sony f828 and Olympus 8080. In using
> the comparometer at:
> http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM
> Check out the F828MAC.jpg macro image for the sony at 100% even the
> dollar bill is blurred. I have gotten a better macro from a $150
> digicam. Is there something we should know about the people running
> this site?
> Any insight into the sony would be appreciated, I have tried the 8080
> with excellent results however the asthetics and lens on the sony seem
> to be outstanding. Bigger zoom, lower F stop, wider angle for
> close-ups, supherb quality construction and feel. Does it take as good
> pictures?
>
> "a wet bird never flies by night"

Anonymous
May 10, 2005 11:05:21 PM

There are many more sites to check, many reviews to read.
After nearly going blind with my nose against my monitor to look for itty
bitty differences between the two, i picked the 8080. Fast was a factor,
wide was a factor, little chrom. aberr. was a factor, etc, etc...
Never turned back, awesome camera.

!