Sign in with
Your question

Computer wont boot PLEASE HELP

Last response: in Motherboards
March 2, 2013 6:09:19 PM

Hello,
I bought a new pair of RAM memories, G-Skill, 8gb, 1866mHz each. I have an ASUS Crosshair Formula IV motherboard. When I replace my old RAM memory for the new pair, connect the computer and start it, it wont boot. After trying all the different connecting possibilites, i deduced the RAM memories where incompatible. However, when i place my old RAM memory to use the computer anyways, it still wont boot. I dont know what is going on! Please help me!

More about : computer wont boot

a c 150 Ĉ ASUS
a c 558 V Motherboard
March 2, 2013 6:10:44 PM

Hi, Try clearing the CMOS (unplug the power cord and remove the CMOS battery for few minutes).
m
l
March 2, 2013 6:26:33 PM

Hi alexiou, thank you very much for answering. I cleared the CMOS, remove it and place it again after a couple o minutes and it still doesnt work. I can see in the motherboard a red led light where it says DRAM, which is constantly on. I dont really know what is it that the light advices, but probably it means something
m
l
Related resources
a c 150 Ĉ ASUS
a c 558 V Motherboard
March 2, 2013 6:52:34 PM

It signals a problem with the memory.
Try inserting a single RAM module and test. Test each slot. Make sure that the RAM stick is properly inserted.
m
l
March 2, 2013 7:08:08 PM

I tried each one of them (the 2 new ones and the old one) and in the motherboard, at the right hand side there is a LED light that says CPU that turns on and off two times, and then the light for DRAM just stays on lit. What could had happened? Its not posible that none of the RAM slots are working. Specially if before trying to install the new RAM memories they worked perfectly. (I had installed only 1 ram memory and now i changed the one for a pair of memories, that could have any relation with the problem?) Again, thank you very much
m
l
a c 150 Ĉ ASUS
a c 558 V Motherboard
March 2, 2013 7:14:57 PM

You don't have to thank.
Hard to say what happened.
Have you inserted the RAMs while the PSU was on?
It might be a CPU issue (integrated memory controller). At this point, I suggest taking the system to a local shop for troubleshooting.
Or wait for others' ideas/opinions.
m
l
March 2, 2013 7:16:30 PM

Yeah, thats what i was planning to do anyways! thank you for your time!
m
l
!