Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
Specs: Zotac Z68 itx motherboard
i7 2600k
8gb ram
570gtx
wd 2tb black
silverstone 450w psu

So when I went to install windows 7 it will load the files but during the next splash screen, where you see the orbs and the flag, it will freeze. Nothing works. i've tried swapping sata cables, using a different harddrive, a 32 bit and a 64bit cd, and a different dvd reader but to no avail. Can someone suggest something please? I'm really frustrated!

Confused, HDD or SSD install??
Your specs list a 2 TB WD HDD, But your last post indicates an SSD. If so which SSD?

Custom Install - Normally given 2 options for Install (Express and custom- the custom install is the 2nd option and allows for selecting where to install, deleting and creating partitions and if needed a check box for installing a driver for the Drive (normally not needed if bios is set to AHCI. You should have the AHCI option selected in bios for SSDs, also recomend this for newer HDDs.

darr2121

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012

I left it running for a full night but nothing.

darr2121

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012

Ah sorry I meant hdd. oh i see. The thing is is that it freezes just before that screen so I cant choose.

Possible problems:
1) HDD - Go to manuf website and down load a bootable utility disk to test HDD.
2) Ram - Down load memtest86. This is a bootable ISO to test your memory
3) Verify that your Bios is setup for AHCI
4) Verify (swap out) data cables for DVD and HDD
5) DVD drive, if you have a 2nd DVD drive do a swap.

Slaany

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
Hi there !

to solve the solution you have to flash the bios with the last version. It's a shame to have to do this with a fresh component to make it work !! Zotac => nevermore !!

TRENDING THREADS