Sign in with
Your question

Help PLEASE! Antec h20 920 CC Software Error :(

Last response: in Components
April 21, 2012 1:07:19 PM

Hey all.

Just built a new system using the Kuhler h20 920 as my CPU cooler, and everything is working well including the kuhler; the fans are working and the "Antec" logo is lit up on the cooler, however the software will not work and I get the message: "Cannot Connect to Chill Control device. Check USB connection on device and restart the chill control application." everytime I try to use the software. After looking online for a solution and trying various "fixes" nothing has worked, but I have noticed and most people seem to say find the device under device manager and update the drivers from there, but there is no such device in my device manager, it doesn't show up at all. Anyone had a similar problem and know how to fix this? Really appreciate any help, been trying to fix this for 2 days now :( 

More about : antec h20 920 software error

April 21, 2012 2:28:42 PM

Didn't you get a disk with installation software? Wipe the current install and try again with a fresh new install.
April 21, 2012 2:53:12 PM

amuffin said:
Didn't you get a disk with installation software? Wipe the current install and try again with a fresh new install.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I have tried wiping and reinstalling with both the disk and the drivers from Antec's website and neither will work, it doesn't even show under device manager...quite confused :( 
Related resources
April 21, 2012 10:24:26 PM

Anyone have any input on this? been trying to fix it all day today aswell as yesterday :( 
April 24, 2012 11:03:00 AM

ryrai said:
Anyone have any input on this? been trying to fix it all day today aswell as yesterday :( 

I have had this cooler for a year or so and when I do fresh installs I sometimes get this error. What I have done:

Down load the the software from Antec's web site

Then unzip it if it is zipped

Look into the files and find the USB boot loader application and run that, making sure it points to the correct sillib.sys file for you system (X86)

Next Double click the USB installer application

Then it should run, if not then re-run the setup.exe.

Hope that helps!
April 24, 2012 11:05:27 AM

also make sure that you have the USB connector in correctly, if that doesnt work post what you are seeing and we will get this working for you.

It is honestly the best software for any of the all in one units I have used. I have the corsair units and I like this one better.
April 28, 2012 12:59:01 PM

I had this same issue when I installed mine not too long ago. If you installed the device prior to installing the software, I think this is a known possible issue. Also, do make sure that the USB is in correctly (black wire to RIGHT).

And I'm not sure if you looked for this in device managers, but it could possibly be an "unknown device". Try searching for drivers for the unknown device...
May 1, 2012 12:56:17 PM

mpetroul said:
I have had this cooler for a year or so and when I do fresh installs I sometimes get this error. What I have done:

Down load the the software from Antec's web site

Then unzip it if it is zipped

Look into the files and find the USB boot loader application and run that, making sure it points to the correct sillib.sys file for you system (X86)

Next Double click the USB installer application

Then it should run, if not then re-run the setup.exe.

Hope that helps!

Hey thanks for the reply; I tried running the USB boot loader application but got the error "Error reading USBXpress Driver Version", any idea why this is?
May 1, 2012 1:04:41 PM

erwinna said:
I had this same issue when I installed mine not too long ago. If you installed the device prior to installing the software, I think this is a known possible issue. Also, do make sure that the USB is in correctly (black wire to RIGHT).

And I'm not sure if you looked for this in device managers, but it could possibly be an "unknown device". Try searching for drivers for the unknown device...

Hey thanks for the reply, I tried searching for the device under device manager but nothing shows up.

Also, i'm confused about the USB thing, my motherboard is a Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P, here is a picture: http://85.128.207.37/qoopImages/PLYGIG15500461.jpg -- as you can see, my USB headers are upside down compared to most motherboards; most would have the 5 pins at the top, with the missing pin in the bottom right corner (or so i'm told, sorry if i'm mistaken), but mine has the missing pin in the top left corner and the 5 pins at the bottom, like this:

Mine
[() . . . .]
[. . . . .]

() being the missing pin. So which way should the wire go on my motherboard, and at the top or the bottom? I bet I have it in the wrong way
May 1, 2012 1:19:18 PM

The USB header should be idiot-prof: have one missing pin to give orientation for the connector. If you try to connect it the wrong way you have to use a lot of force.

The plug on the USB cord from the Antec should have one hole plugged, and should only connect in the proper orientation.

May 1, 2012 3:11:45 PM

I was actually able to plug mine in backwards (herp derp) on my Asus P8Z68, which is why I mentioned it. Just try inversing it to see if it rectifies the problem :) 

Installation guide says:

Connect the USB cable to an internal USB header making sure the black coloured
cable is closest to the 5th pin on the header.

If you have already done this then this is evidently not your issue :( 
!