Sign in with
Your question

Can't upload "Associated Picture"

Last response: in Forum Feedback
November 23, 2010 8:47:47 PM

When I go to upload my pic, first I laugh my head off at:

"(20 max. for weight and max size: 85 x 85 pixels, or automatic rezise)"

Geez, I dunno how much my .jpg weighs... wait a minute until I cut it out of my LCD screen with a razor blade and plunk it on my kitchen scale. :pt1cable: 

And I don't know how to rezise but I live about 10 miles from a Rez and it's ice cold out there so I might be able to do a rezice... does that help me? :lol: 

And after all these guffaws, all I get is

ERROR

Help! :o 

More about : upload picture

November 23, 2010 11:03:10 PM

Can you upload your pic to a site like Photobucket & post the link? At this point we can help with the size & weight requirements for you :) 

Weight = 20 kb, which is how much the file takes up on your hard drive.
Size = how big your picture is, like your monitor is a 1920x1080.
November 24, 2010 1:14:55 AM

Thanks for the info as to what the heck a weight is. It would have made more sense to say "20 KB File Size". But I guess Tom's is a site translated from Swahili-Croatian or something so it's a bit strange. I still can't figure out what language the names for most of the emoticons are! :) 

Anyway, I cut it down to 8 KB and it loaded fine. Thanks!
Related resources
November 24, 2010 1:18:54 AM

Tom's is part of BoM, which is a French Company, so you are most likely seeing French. :) 

Glad I could help!!
November 24, 2010 2:03:08 AM

Thanks for the help. I appreciate your time. But I don't know whether HEINK or KAOLA is in French? Very strange! :lol: 
November 24, 2010 2:24:41 AM

Look at the flag in the top right hand corner. That'll tell you what server you're on.
November 25, 2010 2:32:42 AM

Is this French?

November 25, 2010 4:01:43 AM

Did you photoshop that? That's the Venezuelan flag, but there is no Venezuelan server, as far as I know.
November 25, 2010 9:36:38 AM

halfcalf said:
Thanks for the info as to what the heck a weight is. It would have made more sense to say "20 KB File Size". But I guess Tom's is a site translated from Swahili-Croatian or something so it's a bit strange. I still can't figure out what language the names for most of the emoticons are! :) 

Anyway, I cut it down to 8 KB and it loaded fine. Thanks!

French....but were here
Also, dont load your HDD up, as it may collapse your desk, with all the "weight"
November 25, 2010 2:07:41 PM

aford10 said:
Did you photoshop that? That's the Venezuelan flag, but there is no Venezuelan server, as far as I know.
Well, it does say "Worldwide"

My cat staggered across my keyboard the other night and that's what happened. [:tigsounds]
November 25, 2010 3:56:15 PM

jaydeejohn: Yeah, I had to prop up my desk with the Thanksgiving turkey to keep it from collapsing under the weight of that huge avatar jpg! :lol: 

Tigsounds: That is the proof I needed! Hugo Chavez has nationalized BestOfMediaGroup! Vive le TechnoBolivar Libre! :pt1cable: 

BTW, I have been trying to find translations into any language for HEINK and KAOLA and I'm pretty sure they're not French! Maybe they're some code words Hugo Chavez has been infiltrating into his nationalized website? :lol: 
November 26, 2010 5:26:18 AM

halfcalf said:

Tigsounds: That is the proof I needed! Hugo Chavez has nationalized BestOfMediaGroup! Vive le TechnoBolivar Libre! :pt1cable: 

Actually, Hugo Chavez bought a 1/3 stake in BoM for 16 gallons of gasoline (delivered) and a new left front tire. ? Hey, I couldn't make up something like that ! Saw it on the news I did. Now we have a secret server in Venezuela, only trouble is, it's using my system... say what??? Yea, now I can't turn my computer off or I'll be shot. Supposed to be my punishment for using USA proxies and VPN's. The police said something about if I liked Toms Hardware so much I should host it... egad!
It was presented as "an offer I couldn't refuse" [:tigsounds:3]
I just hope I never get banned....
:cry: 

November 26, 2010 5:35:05 AM

halfcalf said:
jaydeejohn: Yeah, I had to prop up my desk with the Thanksgiving turkey to keep it from collapsing under the weight of that huge avatar jpg! :lol: 

Turkey nothing... My avatar collapsed, look at him.. out cold.

Here's a close-up....

November 26, 2010 12:12:33 PM

I'm surprised that Hugo coughed up the tire. Usually he just nationalizes whatever he wants for the benefit of himself... er... the people. As for the gasoline, I'm also surprised as I thought that he was shipping it all to Cuba in exchange for the occasional hug from moribund Fidel. :lol: 

That cat looks like me on a typical Sunday morning. :pt1cable: 

I asked this before in another thread and got no answer. So since the owners were probably distracted by gazing at nude pics of Carla Bruni, I figure I'll ask it in French to see what they say.

S'il vous plait, quelqu'un peut me dire pourquoi le External URL a = de telle sorte que le link ne fonctionne pas? At-il quelque chose a voir avec la norme francaise de Egalite (+ Liberte et Fraternite)? :bounce: 
November 26, 2010 12:24:43 PM

Their response will be either 1) Je me rends à vous or 2) Pouvez-vous envoyer un exemple, afin que nous puissions voir ce que vous parlez?.
November 27, 2010 3:42:57 AM

#2)

Hit Reply

Go to the Message text entry box

Click on the Hyperlink button

The Hyperlink popup box appears

Add a link in Extern link. Let's say cnn.com

You get

That doesn't display properly. It has to be manually changed so that the second square bracket is moved from the end of .com to replace the =

Once its changed to

[ url ] cnn.com [ /url ]

(spaces inserted only to keep the code visible) then it works!

La verite vaut bien qu'on passe quelques annees sans la trouver!

:D 

November 27, 2010 6:27:40 AM

CNN.com - Setup as [ URL ] CNN.com [ /URL ]
CNN - Setup as [ URL=CNN.com ]CNN[ /URL ]

(spaces inserted between [ ] to show how the code is setup or it can be check by hitting the bbcode button on the header of this post)

As you see, either setup works for posting a link. The Hyperlink button is designed so that the user can insert the link, than type the link header (like how the links in my signature are setup). It is the "correct" way to setup an external link within the forum.

La vérité est là, il vous suffit de demander à la bonne personne.

:D 
November 27, 2010 6:25:11 PM

Non Non, vous avez tout faux (un peu)

Have the external link copied to the Windows clipboard,
Type a word in that you want to have appear to everybody.
Click & Drag-through the word highlighting it.
Select the link button, paste in the link from the clipboard, click "Submit."
While the word is still highlighted, choose special effects such as color, bold, underlined as you may desire.

THIS

November 29, 2010 2:29:43 PM

J'ai besoin d'un doctorat en Tomonian a utiliser ce site! Tabernac! :) 
November 30, 2010 4:54:38 AM

halfcalf said:
J'ai besoin d'un doctorat en Tomonian a utiliser ce site! Tabernac! :) 

It's not so bad. Some people live to figure out the strange oddities of places like Tom's.
Why Tom's only allows singe spaces is a          mystery      though... or    is     it?
Another weird one is how to edit a post without having it show you did it.
PhD? No, just a lot of spare time to play.
November 30, 2010 6:46:31 AM

tigsounds said:
Another weird one is how to edit a post without having it show you did it.
PhD? No, just a lot of spare time to play.
This is a trick I would like to learn, please do share :) 
November 30, 2010 10:22:23 AM

I know how to edit the post without leaving traces! All it takes is a flux capacitor, a Mr. Fusion, a... :) 
December 14, 2010 6:48:08 AM

halfcalf said:
I know how to edit the post without leaving traces! All it takes is a flux capacitor, a Mr. Fusion, a... :) 

Woa, Dude !! That's the last time I share a secret with you.

aFord10 said he'd ban me if I ever told how to do that.. now I must figure out how to edit someone else's post... working..working..working..working.. I'm doomed, no wait.. the answer is comming... Crap! it's a puzzle...

When Mr. Spock asked the Enterprise computer what the last digit of PI was, what was the computer's response?

Spoiler
"Sir, are your absolutely certain that such an entity exist in this universe?"

!