Wipeout Pure Gamma Pack 2 USB Download Problems

Has anybody succeeded in downloading the Gamma Pack 2 content for PSP
Wipeout Pure using a USB cable?

I've tried several times, and my PC fails to recognize the PSP. I'm using
Windows 98SE, so that's probably part of the problem, but the site says
W98SE should be supported.

Any pointers anyone? I've sent a message to Sony asking for assistance and
am awaiting a reply...

"Jerry P. Danzig" <jpdanzig@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> Has anybody succeeded in downloading the Gamma Pack 2 content for PSP
> Wipeout Pure using a USB cable?
>
> I've tried several times, and my PC fails to recognize the PSP. I'm using
> Windows 98SE, so that's probably part of the problem, but the site says
> W98SE should be supported.
>
> Any pointers anyone? I've sent a message to Sony asking for assistance
> and
> am awaiting a reply...

Hmmm. Try asking over at the PSP hacks sight. I think there might be a
pseudo 98 "driver" there that you can use as software to get it to install
your PSP for 98 to recognize. I don't know the exact address but it has PSP
and hacks in it.

Thanks, I couldn't find one there, but I might have been looking in the
wrong place.

I guess I'll just have to live without the Gamma Pack.

As it is, I can't figure out how to progress in the game anyway...

"Ron Mexico" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "Jerry P. Danzig" <jpdanzig@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> > Has anybody succeeded in downloading the Gamma Pack 2 content for PSP
> > Wipeout Pure using a USB cable?
> >
> > I've tried several times, and my PC fails to recognize the PSP. I'm
using
> > Windows 98SE, so that's probably part of the problem, but the site says
> > W98SE should be supported.
> >
> > Any pointers anyone? I've sent a message to Sony asking for assistance
> > and
> > am awaiting a reply...
> >

> Hmmm. Try asking over at the PSP hacks sight. I think there might be a
> pseudo 98 "driver" there that you can use as software to get it to install
> your PSP for 98 to recognize. I don't know the exact address but it has
PSP
> and hacks in it.

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

"Jerry P. Danzig" wrote:

> Has anybody succeeded in downloading the Gamma Pack 2 content for PSP
> Wipeout Pure using a USB cable?
>
> I've tried several times, and my PC fails to recognize the PSP. I'm using
> Windows 98SE, so that's probably part of the problem, but the site says
> W98SE should be supported.
>
> Any pointers anyone? I've sent a message to Sony asking for assistance and
> am awaiting a reply...

Have you put the PSP into USB mode? On the system page (ie, not in game)
go to settings (far left option), and scroll down to USB COnnection
(second from top, I think). Then enter USB mode, after you've hooked up
the cable.

Yup, tried that. I got some sort of message on the PC about looking for a
driver. I guess I'm missing the correct driver, and I'll be damned if I can
find one at the MS download site...