Asking advice for a new build

hello


i wanna build a new pc and have the following parts in my mind:

antec three hundred
http://www.alternate.be/html/product/Behuizingen_Midi_Tower/Antec/Three_Hundred/299750/?tn=HARDWARE&l1=Behuizingen&l2=Midi+Tower

or
zalman Z9plus
http://www.alternate.be/html/product/Behuizingen_Midi_Tower/Zalman/Z9_Plus__ATX/491144/?articleId=491144&tn=HARDWARE&l1=Behuizingen&l2=Midi+Tower

liteon IHAS524
http://www.alternate.be/html/product/DVD-reWriters_Serial-ATA/LiteOn/IHAS524/606580/?tn=HARDWARE&l1=DVD+%2F+Blu-ray&l2=DVD-branders

corsair 8gb ddr3-1600
http://www.alternate.be/html/product/Geheugen_DDR3-1600/Corsair/8_GB_DDR3-1600_Kit/494847/?baseId=699063

msi N560 GTX-Ti twin frozer 2/oc
http://www.alternate.be/html/product/Grafische_kaarten_nVidia_PCIe/MSI/N560GTX-Ti_Twin_Frozr_II-OC/511504/?tn=HARDWARE&l1=Grafische+kaarten&l2=PCIe+kaarten+NVIDIA&l3=GeForce+GTX

western digital wd 1002FAEX1 TB
http://www.alternate.be/html/product/Harddisks_3,5_inch_SATA/Western_Digital/WD1002FAEX_1_TB/412287/?tn=HARDWARE&l1=Harddisks&l2=Serial-ATA&l3=3%2C5+inch

logitech mk 710 wl desktop
http://www.alternate.be/html/product/Toetsenborden_Desktopsystemen/Logitech/MK710_WL_Desktop/497253/?tn=HARDWARE&l1=Invoerapparaten&l2=Toetsenborden&l3=Desktop

asrock extreme 3 gene 3
http://www.alternate.be/html/product/Moederborden_Socket_1155/ASRock/Z68_EXTREME3_GEN3/580533/?tn=HARDWARE&l1=Moederborden&l2=Intel&l3=Socket+1155

or

GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
http://www.alternate.be/html/product/Moederborden_Socket_1155/GIGABYTE/GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3/557423/?tn=HARDWARE&l1=Moederborden&l2=Intel&l3=Socket+1155

ssd crucial
http://www.alternate.be/html/product/Solid_State_Disk_2,5_inch_SATA/Crucial/CT064M4SSD2/551360/?tn=HARDWARE&l1=Harddisks&l2=SSD

intel core i7 2600
http://www.alternate.be/html/product/CPUs_Socket_1155/Intel%28R%29/Core_en%20_trade_i7-2600/483752/?tn=HARDWARE&l1=Processoren+%28CPU%29&l2=Desktop

ocz modxtream pro 600W
http://www.alternate.be/html/product/Voedingen_tot_600_Watt/OCZ/ModXStream_Pro_600W/288516/?tn=HARDWARE&l1=Voedingen&l2=tot+600+Watt


i use my computer so surf internet ,game,download, multimedia, editing photo and video.

i play games like maplestory, far cry2, call of duty, battlefield, and other fps
i dont overclock , no crossfire or sli.
it is not important to have much bling bling, what i do want is quality and durability, and if bling comes with that i dont mind.
any suggestion on the built is welcome, i hope to keep it for a few years and hope that within two years the only thing i have to update is the graphics card.
the pc stays on 24/7 , with rare shutdown
i think that's it and hope for good reactions
thanks anyway
14 answers Last reply
More about asking advice build
  1. Save money on the processor. It is likely to cost $100 more than the 2500k and its likely not worth $100 more to you for its extra advantages.

    Crucial SSD = good name in this space

    OCZ PSU = I would rather see you get an xfx 650w or something instead. OCZ is suffering in quality in many areas lately including SSDs and RAM. Their PSUs aren't made by Seasonic either, afaik, so that likely also puts them a tier behind in PSUs too compared to brands like XFX.

    Motherboard = I would go with the gigabyte, it is also a tier ahead of Asrock.

    Western Digital = Good name in this space.

    Liteon Optical drives = another good name in the space.

    Graphics = 560 TI is a solid performer all around, but a new generation of video cards is right around the corner. You might want to hold on with the card you have in the new system for a month or two and see if an AMD 7000 series card makes sense instead of this.

    RAM = Corsair RAM has among the highest failure rates last I checked. I would avoid Corsair RAM and get Crucial instead even if it costs more.

    Case = 300 is a solid name in this space.
  2. Raiddinn! You are everywere!
  3. i would stick with the intel i-7 because, one day down the road when new programs comes out and other games that need faster processors your gonna be sorry that you didn't get that i-7. I just recently got an i7 and am extremely happy with it, and it can take a lot, it is very powerful.
  4. Agree about getting an i5 and XFX 650W PSU as they are only ~€5/10 more expensive depending on whether you want the modular one or not.

    You can save money on the HDD if you want:
    Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB €130
    http://www.alternate.be/html/product/Harddisks_3,5_inch_SATA/Samsung/HD103SJ/358022/?tn=HARDWARE&l1=Harddisks&l2=Serial-ATA&l3=3%2C5+inch
    Or
    Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST1000DM003 €130
    http://www.alternate.be/html/product/Harddisks_3,5_inch_SATA/Seagate/ST1000DM003_1_TB/610581/?tn=HARDWARE&l1=Harddisks&l2=Serial-ATA&l3=3%2C5+inch

    I would advise getting RAM without tall heatspreaders as they are unnecessary on DDR3 RAM and will just restrict your choice of aftermarket CPU cooler, if you ever decide to install one.
    Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz CAS9 1.5V CML8GX3M2A1600C9 $47.99
    http://www.alternate.be/html/product/Geheugen_DDR3-1600/Corsair/8_GB_DDR3-1600_Kit/565666/?tn=HARDWARE&l1=Geheugen&l2=DDR3&l3=DDR3-1600
  5. Last I checked, the Samsung Spinpoint F3 had one of the lowest failure rates of any hard drive so feel free to get that instead of the Western Digital or the Seagate (the Hitachi HDs have worse failure rates than those), but any of them should be pretty much equal.
  6. Raiddinn said:
    Save money on the processor. It is likely to cost $100 more than the 2500k and its likely not worth $100 more to you for its extra advantages.

    Crucial SSD = good name in this space

    OCZ PSU = I would rather see you get an xfx 650w or something instead. OCZ is suffering in quality in many areas lately including SSDs and RAM. Their PSUs aren't made by Seasonic either, afaik, so that likely also puts them a tier behind in PSUs too compared to brands like XFX.

    Motherboard = I would go with the gigabyte, it is also a tier ahead of Asrock.

    Western Digital = Good name in this space.

    Liteon Optical drives = another good name in the space.

    Graphics = 560 TI is a solid performer all around, but a new generation of video cards is right around the corner. You might want to hold on with the card you have in the new system for a month or two and see if an AMD 7000 series card makes sense instead of this.

    RAM = Corsair RAM has among the highest failure rates last I checked. I would avoid Corsair RAM and get Crucial instead even if it costs more.

    Case = 300 is a solid name in this space.

    thank you very much for the advice, i searched for crucial memory but i cant find it in the store i go, the computer i use know uses kingston value ram, any suggestions there http://www.alternate.be/html/categoryListing.html?cat1=22&cat2=364&cat3=0&cat1=22&cat2=365&cat3=0&cat1=22&cat2=368&cat3=0&cat1=22&cat2=478&cat3=0&cat1=22&cat2=369&cat3=0&bfbox=1&&tn=HARDWARE&l1=Geheugen&l2=DDR3&
    and is the crucial ssd also good for caching with intel srt, because on website's they recommend intel series 311 , something i can't fin in the shop i go to.
  7. Their PSUs aren't made by Seasonic either, afaik, so that likely also puts them a tier behind in PSUs too compared to brands like XFX.
  8. Silvune said:
    Agree about getting an i5 and XFX 650W PSU as they are only ~€5/10 more expensive depending on whether you want the modular one or not.

    You can save money on the HDD if you want:
    Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB €130
    http://www.alternate.be/html/product/Harddisks_3,5_inch_SATA/Samsung/HD103SJ/358022/?tn=HARDWARE&l1=Harddisks&l2=Serial-ATA&l3=3%2C5+inch
    Or
    Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST1000DM003 €130
    http://www.alternate.be/html/product/Harddisks_3,5_inch_SATA/Seagate/ST1000DM003_1_TB/610581/?tn=HARDWARE&l1=Harddisks&l2=Serial-ATA&l3=3%2C5+inch

    I would advise getting RAM without tall heatspreaders as they are unnecessary on DDR3 RAM and will just restrict your choice of aftermarket CPU cooler, if you ever decide to install one.
    Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz CAS9 1.5V CML8GX3M2A1600C9 $47.99
    http://www.alternate.be/html/product/Geheugen_DDR3-1600/Corsair/8_GB_DDR3-1600_Kit/565666/?tn=HARDWARE&l1=Geheugen&l2=DDR3&l3=DDR3-1600

    thanks for the advice , i think i go with the samsung on the hdd, that leaves the memory part and the processor open.
    the problem is i dont know what performance difference i have to expect between the i5 and the i7 in terms of what i use, and can i hold on longer to the i7 than the i5, wich of both do i have to update faster, because when i can use the i7 aloth longer than the i5 i save money in the long run.
  9. If you can't get crucial RAM, Kingston isn't the worst option. Corsair and OCZ have been reporting high failure rates lately and G.Skill seems to be trending up as far as these boards are concerned (in my experience). I can't remember the last time I heard someone complain about Kingston RAM, though.

    As far as the SSD thing goes, sure Intel is going to suggest Intel stuff. Who wouldn't want to promote their own company's products? That being said, I have never heard of an Intel SSD doing something that other SSD makers aren't also capable of.

    I just suggest Crucial because failure rates on everything they make are rock bottom.

    Performance wise, there is not much difference between the i5 - 2500k and the i7 - 2600k or the 2700k. You pay a lot more money for the latter and don't get a lot of bang for the extra buck.

    Ivy Bridge is supposed to be out in April and according to leaked benchmarks it should be 7 - 25% better than similar processors from the Sandy Bridge lineup depending on the benchmark with the average hovering around 15%.

    If you want to wait that long and potentially pay the extra premium however much it turns out to be, then you could go that route instead.

    That being said, I don't think anyone can fault you for going with a 2500k now, either. The difference isn't that large and the price premium will likely be quite high to get it.
  10. Raiddinn said:
    If you can't get crucial RAM, Kingston isn't the worst option. Corsair and OCZ have been reporting high failure rates lately and G.Skill seems to be trending up as far as these boards are concerned (in my experience). I can't remember the last time I heard someone complain about Kingston RAM, though.

    As far as the SSD thing goes, sure Intel is going to suggest Intel stuff. Who wouldn't want to promote their own company's products? That being said, I have never heard of an Intel SSD doing something that other SSD makers aren't also capable of.

    I just suggest Crucial because failure rates on everything they make are rock bottom.

    Performance wise, there is not much difference between the i5 - 2500k and the i7 - 2600k or the 2700k. You pay a lot more money for the latter and don't get a lot of bang for the extra buck.

    Ivy Bridge is supposed to be out in April and according to leaked benchmarks it should be 7 - 25% better than similar processors from the Sandy Bridge lineup depending on the benchmark with the average hovering around 15%.

    If you want to wait that long and potentially pay the extra premium however much it turns out to be, then you could go that route instead.

    That being said, I don't think anyone can fault you for going with a 2500k now, either. The difference isn't that large and the price premium will likely be quite high to get it.

    and how much difference is pcie 3 going to give in comparison to pcie2 in use that i do? (approximately).
    i ask this because the gigabyte board doesnt have gen3 and the asrock board does.
  11. Only one device exists right now on the market that even begins to use pcie 3.0, the ATI HD 7970.

    Even that may not really be using more than a 2.0 slot would provide.

    I doubt you will even feel the difference through the life of the computer.

    When it comes time to upgrade again maybe 4 years out then you can get one with 3.0 capability.
  12. Raiddinn said:
    Save money on the processor. It is likely to cost $100 more than the 2500k and its likely not worth $100 more to you for its extra advantages.

    Crucial SSD = good name in this space

    OCZ PSU = I would rather see you get an xfx 650w or something instead. OCZ is suffering in quality in many areas lately including SSDs and RAM. Their PSUs aren't made by Seasonic either, afaik, so that likely also puts them a tier behind in PSUs too compared to brands like XFX.

    Motherboard = I would go with the gigabyte, it is also a tier ahead of Asrock.

    Western Digital = Good name in this space.

    Liteon Optical drives = another good name in the space.

    Graphics = 560 TI is a solid performer all around, but a new generation of video cards is right around the corner. You might want to hold on with the card you have in the new system for a month or two and see if an AMD 7000 series card makes sense instead of this.

    RAM = Corsair RAM has among the highest failure rates last I checked. I would avoid Corsair RAM and get Crucial instead even if it costs more.

    Case = 300 is a solid name in this space.

    and witch of following psu can i do best:
    http://www.alternate.be/html/product/Voedingen_meer_dan_600_Watt/XFX/650W_Semi_Modular_XXX_Edition/534952/?tn=HARDWARE&l1=Voedingen&l2=meer+dan+600+Watt
    or
    http://www.alternate.be/html/product/Voedingen_meer_dan_600_Watt/XFX/PRO650W_Core_Edition/478651/?tn=HARDWARE&l1=Voedingen&l2=meer+dan+600+Watt
  13. You might as well take the semi modular one for 5 euros more. It is hard to get modular for only 5 euros on a PSU.

    You won't be able to use 2x video cards that have 2x PCIE connectors with either one, but you can use one card with two connectors or two cards with one either way.

    The 560ti has two of those connectors and the 7970 has a 6 and an 8 so either PSU would work for either of those cards. Just don't expect to put in 2 high end cards at the same time.

    If you want to use 2x video cards, then you will have to take HD 6850s which care strong cards that use only 1 connector on them.

    I would advise 1 of a larger card than 2 of a smaller one.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product