Discharge cmos battery

Peterp_99

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
Hello,
I have finally found te cmos battery on my Toshiba Satellite L300D laptop. BUT .. I can't find any pins/connector so I can discharge the battery. Can you help me find them please. And if you do, when do I connect the main battery? Thanks, Peterp

Peterp_99

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013

Hello again ... and thanks for your help. I would like to do that; it sounds easy. HOWEVER, my battery (round, silver with blue edge) appears to be fixed in place. There is a clip over it which seems to be permanently fixed to the battery AND the two pins or leads from the battery are soldered in place. If I try to separate the clip, the two soldered pins will bend out of shape! Any comments there please mate?

Peterp_99

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
I didn't watch the second video ... yet. However my situation is exactly as described in the first. I will try that. However I have just one questio mate.
At the sta of the ".... I48CN...." video, the main battery was out, sitting across the keyboard. I didn't catch when it was reinserted. Was that at th same time as he plug in the mains power jack?

Peterp_99

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
Hello Alexiou.

Sorry I have not replied sooner, I have been quite ill and only attempted the suggested repairs yesterday, Sat 9th.
In summary, close ... but failure!
I managed to all but discharge the CMOS by leaving it connected to some LED lights for a few days. On connecting the power I ot the "CMOS failure" message ... I thought I'd won! Alas, afterclicking on "save and exit" nothing else happened. It dd not boot.
I re-inserted the RAM and it booted, but alas t still askd for my password.
Close, but no success, man.

alex2000robert

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
Buy a new CMOS battery see if that works. The new CMOS battery just CAN'T store the old CMOS' battery information. This must help you. Also the CMOS may have discharged not in all the parts (password) but in some (drives, voltages, etc.)