all windows full size

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

When I open some of the windows with the start button, some of the
windoes open in the small size. This is not only a useless size but it takes
time to enlarge.
Does anyone ha a cure for this problem? I remember seeing a utility in
PC Magazine but it was lost.

Thanks to all.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Hi, Harry.

If you read very many messages here, you will see that this is a Frequently
Asked (and Answered) Question. The answers usually work, but not always.
Most posters are asking about Internet Explorer windows, although the
answers often apply to other windows as well.

The most straightforward way is to close all IE windows except one. Stretch
that one to fill the screen. Then close IE. When you reopen it, IE will
remember the size of the LAST window closed, which was your big one.

Trouble is, sometime in the future you may close IE's big window, only to
find a small pop-up behind it. Muttering to yourself, you close the pop-up
window - which IE remembers, since it is the last IE window closed. Next
time you start IE, it's the size of that pop-up window, so you have to do
the drag-n-close exercise again. :>(

Also, there are many ways to open an IE window: desktop icon, URL on a web
page; URL in an email message... Each of these has its own memory, it
seems, so you might need to "train" IE for each different method.

The way that it is "supposed" to work, but doesn't always, is to right-click
on the IE icon, click Properties, and then be sure the Run box says
Maximized, rather than Normal Window.

And remember, although they look nearly the same to us, Windows sees a lot
of difference between Full-Screen, Maximized and
Normal-stretched-to-fill-the-screen.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Harry" <hmartin-747@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> When I open some of the windows with the start button, some of the
> windoes open in the small size. This is not only a useless size but it
> takes time to enlarge.
> Does anyone ha a cure for this problem? I remember seeing a utility in
> PC Magazine but it was lost.
>
> Thanks to all.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Hi,

Nice solution Mr. White.

An extra note.

If you right click on the normal IE Icon and then choose properties u will
get the dialog box that is the same as Tools | Internet options.

So to get the dialog box to change the window settings do the following

Create a short cut to IE on the desktop.
right click on the short cut and select properties.
now u will get the window where u can set the window size.

Regards
M. Rajesh
..Net and Windows Shell MVP
www.winxpsolution.com.

"R. C. White" wrote:

> Hi, Harry.
>
> If you read very many messages here, you will see that this is a Frequently
> Asked (and Answered) Question. The answers usually work, but not always.
> Most posters are asking about Internet Explorer windows, although the
> answers often apply to other windows as well.
>
> The most straightforward way is to close all IE windows except one. Stretch
> that one to fill the screen. Then close IE. When you reopen it, IE will
> remember the size of the LAST window closed, which was your big one.
>
> Trouble is, sometime in the future you may close IE's big window, only to
> find a small pop-up behind it. Muttering to yourself, you close the pop-up
> window - which IE remembers, since it is the last IE window closed. Next
> time you start IE, it's the size of that pop-up window, so you have to do
> the drag-n-close exercise again. :>(
>
> Also, there are many ways to open an IE window: desktop icon, URL on a web
> page; URL in an email message... Each of these has its own memory, it
> seems, so you might need to "train" IE for each different method.
>
> The way that it is "supposed" to work, but doesn't always, is to right-click
> on the IE icon, click Properties, and then be sure the Run box says
> Maximized, rather than Normal Window.
>
> And remember, although they look nearly the same to us, Windows sees a lot
> of difference between Full-Screen, Maximized and
> Normal-stretched-to-fill-the-screen.
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@corridor.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
>
> "Harry" <hmartin-747@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> > When I open some of the windows with the start button, some of the
> > windoes open in the small size. This is not only a useless size but it
> > takes time to enlarge.
> > Does anyone ha a cure for this problem? I remember seeing a utility in
> > PC Magazine but it was lost.
> >
> > Thanks to all.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Right click on the program's listing in the Start menu and choose
Properties. Select the Shortcut tab, and near the bottom of the properties
sheet look for the line starting with the word Run. Make your choice from
the drop-down box.
--
Ted Zieglar