Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Gtx 580 Sli temps

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 11, 2011 7:37:50 PM

Hey, I recently built a new computer containing two gtx 580s and i'm worried about the heat. idle top gpu is 62c while bottom gpu is 38c. I have a corsair 800d and im using the asus maximus IV extreme z. i'm wondering if theres anything i can do to get better temp. it's air coold btw.

More about : gtx 580 sli temps

November 11, 2011 7:41:18 PM

rhyxn said:
Hey, I recently built a new computer containing two gtx 580s and i'm worried about the heat. idle top gpu is 62c while bottom gpu is 38c. I have a corsair 800d and im using the asus maximus IV extreme z. i'm wondering if theres anything i can do to get better temp. it's air coold btw.http://i43.tinypic.com/330y0yh.jpg



For god sakes put the 2nd card in at least the third pcie slot. Setting the 2nd card that close severely blocks the top cards airflow. That will allow for much better airflow to the top card. Set your 2n'd card in the furthest pcie slot your sli bridge will allow. You have a flexible sli bridge I am sure of it.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 11, 2011 8:23:31 PM

I also have a SLI GTX 580 setup, and my temps from the top card at idle is 19c° ( 42c° ~ 45c° )below your top card, My case is an armor+ aluminum and in the back of the cards and below them I put a cooler master fan 12cm 2000 rpm max, low rpm 1600, controlled by the CPU temp bios in order to keep temperatures down .
When I play Battlefield 3 the top card go up to 75c° with its fan @85% controlled by evga precision, and the other below card go up to 72c°. both at full Load.
m
0
l
Related resources
November 11, 2011 8:41:25 PM

Those cards are going to be too close and burn up.

My 580's in SLI idle at 28C for bottom card and 32 for top card. Gaming in BF3 under load makes it 47C and 55C at close to 60 at times.

God's sake, put some cooling into that case. Heat rises from bottom to top.

I agree with the other poster get some big space between those two cards and add a BIG side fan like a Antec Big Boy or something. And stick a Server class Delta Fan or Ultra Kaze into the Back of the case and exhaust that heat out. You do have your CPU fan pointed towards the back of the case and more fans pulling, pushing out the top along with moving air across your hard drives don't you?

Please tell me that your power supply is on the bottom with a hole in the floor to fan blow the heat out the back and pull in cold from the bottom of your case.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 11, 2011 9:02:20 PM

x Heavy said:
Those cards are going to be too close and burn up.

My 580's in SLI idle at 28C for bottom card and 32 for top card. Gaming in BF3 under load makes it 47C and 55C at close to 60 at times.

God's sake, put some cooling into that case. Heat rises from bottom to top.

I agree with the other poster get some big space between those two cards and add a BIG side fan like a Antec Big Boy or something. And stick a Server class Delta Fan or Ultra Kaze into the Back of the case and exhaust that heat out. You do have your CPU fan pointed towards the back of the case and more fans pulling, pushing out the top along with moving air across your hard drives don't you?

Please tell me that your power supply is on the bottom with a hole in the floor to fan blow the heat out the back and pull in cold from the bottom of your case.


Your card temps are very low, are those watercooled?, or what is your ambient temperature?
m
0
l
November 11, 2011 10:28:30 PM

UPDATE: I moved card to the last slot. temps are better as you can see. as for cooling i have only the fan on the bottom blowing in cool air while 3 fans at the top sucking out the hot air.


Downloading bf3 atm. ill upload temps after hour gameplay. 800d has no side fan is there a workaround?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
November 11, 2011 10:33:14 PM

Do you have a fan in the lower front panel?
m
0
l
a c 88 U Graphics card
November 11, 2011 10:35:12 PM

Thats much better, glad you separated the cards.
Do you have any more fan mounts on the case , like the front?
If so , add another fan to the front of the case to create more airflow.
m
0
l
November 11, 2011 11:20:09 PM

monsta said:
Thats much better, glad you separated the cards.
Do you have any more fan mounts on the case , like the front?
If so , add another fan to the front of the case to create more airflow.

Unfortunately I don't see any.
m
0
l
a c 88 U Graphics card
November 11, 2011 11:36:25 PM

Could you tell me what case you have?
m
0
l
November 12, 2011 12:32:07 AM

_Pez_ said:
Your card temps are very low, are those watercooled?, or what is your ambient temperature?


I allow my room to cool to 72 for gaming. The HAF X Case has a total of ten fans and some of the stock CM fans have been replaced to move bigger air faster.

My cat sleeps up there on top of the tower and it matters not because the rear and front fans shove very large amounts of air through the case across the CPU and straight out taking the heat from the GPU's out.

The side fan is so strong and combined with the big front lower case fan does not allow the lower card to heat up much. It is very cold down there.

Also MSI has the bridges and MB Cooling blocks (Not water blocks) around the CPU up top above the cards.

I can water cool, but these temps off room air of 72 makes it moot.

SSD's produce very little heat as compared to the old fashioned 7200 rpm drives. A small 120 mm excalibur keeps the group of SSD's cool all by itself.
m
0
l
!