Which is better memory

jwn04

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Im having trouble deciding which memory to get for my new build so i thought i'd i'd ask the community

Corsair Vengeance CML8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3

or

G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL (2x4GB) DDR3

Solution
Vengeance RAM, 1600Mhz CL9 1.5v.
Ripjaws RAM, 2133Mhz CL11 1.5v.

Does the Vengeance memory have large hair combs glued to it?
Doesn't matter, get the Vengeance anyway. It not worth paying for the faster frequency of the Ripjaws RAM. Above 1600Mhz, there is little performance gain except for some situations (APU's), most of which is countered by the slower latencies (CL9 vs 11) and often higher voltages needed to achieve it.
However if its possible to get the Vengeance Low Profile RAM, without the large heatspreader, that would be ideal. Vengeance RAM can get in the way of large CPU heatsinks.

I'm too much of a computer nerd, I could tell all that just by looking at the product number... :lol:
Vengeance RAM, 1600Mhz CL9 1.5v.
Ripjaws RAM, 2133Mhz CL11 1.5v.

Does the Vengeance memory have large hair combs glued to it?
Doesn't matter, get the Vengeance anyway. It not worth paying for the faster frequency of the Ripjaws RAM. Above 1600Mhz, there is little performance gain except for some situations (APU's), most of which is countered by the slower latencies (CL9 vs 11) and often higher voltages needed to achieve it.
However if its possible to get the Vengeance Low Profile RAM, without the large heatspreader, that would be ideal. Vengeance RAM can get in the way of large CPU heatsinks.

I'm too much of a computer nerd, I could tell all that just by looking at the product number... :lol:

Solution
^ I can only tell that they are 8GB kits and that the first one is 1600mhz :p

Very little performance difference

AveragePerfDiffRAMBottleneck2013.png