Sign in with
Your question

Reset asrock motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
March 3, 2013 4:24:11 AM

I had initially installed windows 7 when I purchased my ASRock Z77E-ITX motherboard with no problems.

Then a suspected virus caused me to format my computer.

I think I didn't do this properly because it kept my old windows in my hard drive (so it could reformat(found out).

I don't know if this caused my computer issues or not.

So, with my inexperience focused on my plan to RE-RE-format :pfff:  .When it asked me where to load the windows I clicked on the same place (C drive).

It is there I worked out that you need to have windows somewhere else to completely remove all data because it already had enough data on that drive which was not removed like I had hoped.

The second drive was completely empty like I wanted.

Now going into the UEFI I pressed some wrong buttons I thought.

Trying to completely reformat all drives and start again, but now I struggled to get to my desktop, but now it also comes up with I text saying no boot manager found.

When I do get to the desk top I find I only have one drive.

Sorry for the long story, but I though i had to give you a background.

Can someone tell me how to easily set my motherboard to where it was when I first bought it.

Thank you for your time & patience.

Jason
a b V Motherboard
March 3, 2013 5:18:10 AM

Tagget_20 said:
I had initially installed windows 7 when I purchased my ASRock Z77E-ITX motherboard with no problems.

Then a suspected virus caused me to format my computer.

I think I didn't do this properly because it kept my old windows in my hard drive (so it could reformat(found out).

I don't know if this caused my computer issues or not.

So, with my inexperience focused on my plan to RE-RE-format :pfff:  .When it asked me where to load the windows I clicked on the same place (C drive).

It is there I worked out that you need to have windows somewhere else to completely remove all data because it already had enough data on that drive which was not removed like I had hoped.

The second drive was completely empty like I wanted.

Now going into the UEFI I pressed some wrong buttons I thought.

Trying to completely reformat all drives and start again, but now I struggled to get to my desktop, but now it also comes up with I text saying no boot manager found.

When I do get to the desk top I find I only have one drive.

Sorry for the long story, but I though i had to give you a background.

Can someone tell me how to easily set my motherboard to where it was when I first bought it.

Thank you for your time & patience.

Jason

I did not get you ...... All this long story for you could'nt let your machine formatted properly ? Its a clear problem of format - no hardware problem - So do not go to mess with it (I am guessing this since you have posted this in the motherboard section) . And yeah you can install the os on the same drive after a full format. Basically if you are formatting right - you have to delete all partitions and realign the boot space (HDD/sdd) in new drives of size decided by you. After creating the drives you have to select the drive you wnat to install windows to. After that your HDD will be formatted followed by a fresh windows install.
m
l
March 3, 2013 5:47:39 AM

Am I able to;

*Clear all and start from new?

*Make boot manager work alright?

*Acknowledge my second hard drive?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 3, 2013 3:03:07 PM

Tagget_20 said:
Am I able to;

*Clear all and start from new?

*Make boot manager work alright?

*Acknowledge my second hard drive?

yeah just a fresh install after full format.
m
l
!