Sign in with
Your question

Virgin builder!!!!!!!!!!!! Gaming pc

Last response: in Systems
January 9, 2012 7:02:09 PM

I am in the process of building a gaming pc. The problem im facing is compatibility issues.

I recieved a Intel Motherboard Bundle as a gift and am planning to build my rig around this.

The bundle consisted of

-Asus P8P67 Motherboard

-Intel Core i5-2500K

-Patriot Memory 8GB (2 x 4GB) G2 Series PC3-12800 1333MHz CL9 Division 2 Edition

For my PSU i was planning on buying OCZ Technology 750W ZT Series Fully-Modular Power Supply. To be honest i dont have a clue about psu and any compability issues, i choose this psu because of its price and its cable arrangements.

if anybody could recommend a 1tb HDD for aroud the 100euro or less mark that would be great.

I can't afford a quality graphics card yet but i hope to be spending 200-300 on one in bout 2 months so any recommendations would be great. I will be using a LG led 1080p full hd tv/ monitor.

I will be using Windows 7 64bit OS

I have all other hardware needed.
Any help at all would be greatful.

Cheers Lads/ladies

Sorry all purchases will probably made through DABS.ie.

More about : virgin builder gaming

a b 4 Gaming
January 9, 2012 7:03:51 PM

Honestly, it is not worth getting an OCZ PSU. I've not heard good thing of the brand or manufacturer. Everything else looks good, unless you're getting an SSD ever. Then, the P8Z68 is an option.
January 9, 2012 7:19:08 PM

I would personally find a Corsair PSU, but XFX, Seasonic and Antec are other good brands. I've heard bad this about OCZ PSUs
Related resources
a c 279 4 Gaming
January 9, 2012 7:29:21 PM

azeem40 said:
Honestly, it is not worth getting an OCZ PSU. I've not heard good thing of the brand or manufacturer. Everything else looks good, unless you're getting an SSD ever. Then, the P8Z68 is an option.

OCZ isn't that great, I'll agree with that. But I have heard good things about their subsidiary PC Power & Cooling - I believe most of their PSUs are made by Seasonic if I'm not mistaken.

Quote:
I can't afford a quality graphics card yet but i hope to be spending 200-300 on one in bout 2 months so any recommendations would be great. I will be using a LG led 1080p full hd tv/ monitor.

By then the AMD 7XXX series will be out and they'll be far superior to a lot of cards on the market. It will be a while (summer I'm guessing) before the NVIDIA 6XX series is out.

Quote:
if anybody could recommend a 1tb HDD for aroud the 100euro or less mark that would be great.

Go with a Samsung Spinpoint if you can find them, if not the Seagate Barracuda XT or Western Digital Caviar Black is what I'd recommend. Although the Black HDs might be a bit out of the price range right now with the way HD prices are.

You also might want to look at getting a good aftermarket cooler for the i5 if you plan to do any sort of OC'ing, and you might want to get a good SSD for your boot drive.

Quote:
I would personally find a Corsair PSU, but XFX, Seasonic and Antec are other good brands. I've heard bad this about OCZ PSUs

Seasonic actually is the OEM on most Antec and Corsair PSUs. I don't know who makes XFX PSUs off hand.
January 10, 2012 6:07:28 PM

Thanks lads. Suppose thats the easy part over. looking forward to building and dreading going through the bios (I haven't a f**king clue when it comes to bios)

I have chosen the XFX 750 Watt Core Edition Full Wired Power Supply( i'll just have to practice cable management)

As for the harddrive Ill try to get a samsung spinpoint.

Cheers lads.
a c 279 4 Gaming
January 11, 2012 7:49:18 PM

daveb83 said:
Thanks lads. Suppose thats the easy part over. looking forward to building and dreading going through the bios (I haven't a f**king clue when it comes to bios)

I have chosen the XFX 750 Watt Core Edition Full Wired Power Supply( i'll just have to practice cable management)

As for the harddrive Ill try to get a samsung spinpoint.

Cheers lads.

Most BIOS programs aren't that difficult to navigate, and your motherboard will generally come with a well-laid-out instruction manual that explains what everything is.

I actually prefer wired single-rail PSUs to modular - I had a couple of modular PSUs and they caused nothing but problems, and the wired ones are all I use now.
!