CPU Fan + Superglue

So I've spent the day cleaning all the dust bunnies out of my pc and I took the fan off the cpu to properly get all the grime out but when I tried to put it back in some of the plastic pins that are there to secure the fan to the cpu were broken.

So I may have done something pretty stupid as I've put superglue around the holes (that are there for the plastic pins to fit in) so it stays on there because I had no other way for it to sit there steady. (I applied it quite lightly)

So finally here is the question. Am I in danger of the glue melting back into a liquid?

I didn't really think about it when I was doing it (dust intoxication if you will) before I cleaned it coretemp told me my cores were hitting around 80c when I was stressing it out. Now it's cleaned out I doubt they'd hit that much (and I don't really want to try until I get an answer)
2 answers Last reply
More about superglue
  1. No Superglue works great for that kind of thing as long as the bond was solid enough to remount the fan you'll be fine.
  2. Well that's a relief.

I left it to dry for a good couple of hours and it was solid as a rock when I wiggled it so hopefully all is well.

Thank you!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Fan