Extending wireless internet to tin shop .5 miles away

broken081

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
Ok... I have a shop about half mile away from my wireless network at my house. I need/want wirless internet in my shop. I have a egenious ap/bridge model EOC2611P that is linked to my home network at my shop to my house. I have internet through the cat5 cable coming out of the bridge but having issues connecting that to the other wirless router. The second router is a linksys e1000. I live out in bfe so no network security seince my closest neighbor is a little over a mile away. Any help will GREATLY be appreciated. I have dissabled DCHP on the linksys and thats where my knowledge stops. I know it can be done but how?

broken081

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
Thanks for the quick reply Emerald. Sorry for being a noob and this response, but... the reason I know it can be done w/o flashing the firmware of the router is because a friend was able to set his shop up the same way I'm attempting with the same hardware. However he forgot how he did it and doesn't remember his second routers login IP (it's not the factory default any more) and restoring it to the factory default would wipe out the settings I hope to mirror... So I can't look at his settings. Forgive me but I am reserved about flashing the bios until the last possible option.

broken081

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
No, I'm connecting the linksys via network cable via the Engenius wireless ap/bridge. The cable from the bridge plugged directly into the laptop has internet connectivity so I know the AP/Bridge is configured correctly but I'm not sure what settings need to be changed for the linksys to work properly