Radeon 6770 for Skyrim not showing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillThePenguin

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Hello,
I have a Radeon 6770 for my graphics card. I should be able to run Skyrim pretty damn well, but in the video menu, it doesn't show up as available, only the Mobile(R) Intel HD Graphics, which makes the FPS in the game equate to a pile of fecal matter.

How do I get the 6770 to show up in the graphics menu? Thanks.

Solution

Please give a little more detail than just "dv6". There are about 12-15 "dv6" models out there, so without more specifics, it's hard to tell you what to do.

Here's is tidbit I found here:

"On my wife's system with ATI switchable graphics, the system defaults to always running the discrete card while plugged in and switching to IGP when unplugged. That being said, you can right-click on the desktop and open "Configure ATI PowerXpress" to manually select which adapter is active and you can turn off the auto-switch feature there as well."
link to where I found this.

BillThePenguin

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

I'm using a dv6.

Please give a little more detail than just "dv6". There are about 12-15 "dv6" models out there, so without more specifics, it's hard to tell you what to do.

Here's is tidbit I found here:

"On my wife's system with ATI switchable graphics, the system defaults to always running the discrete card while plugged in and switching to IGP when unplugged. That being said, you can right-click on the desktop and open "Configure ATI PowerXpress" to manually select which adapter is active and you can turn off the auto-switch feature there as well."
link to where I found this.

Solution

BillThePenguin

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

Thanks mate, even though you didn't help me, right-clicking the desktop led me to an options menu where I can put the 6770 to High-Performance on Skyrim.

Thanks a hell of a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.