Wireless and wired security duhhh

broadsword9

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
Hi, i need to know if i am finally safe from the evil packet sniffers. i have finally been defeated and sacrificed the use of my lovelly wireless gadgets.....pocket pc, PSP, Blackberry, notebook....... just to go wired Ethernet from my wireless router direct to the Playstation3 (which has a built in web-browser). I have also done the following- Changed SSID and removed it Changed WPS 'ead' key (or whatever it is) to my own with upper and lower case and punctuation. Changed default router password Disabled wireless broadcast. So my questions are as follows........... are people still able to sniff my network if they say had a list of all my I.P's that they have collected from when my i.p's have previousley been rotating round. If so, is there anything then stopping them from using cryptanalysis/brute-force dictionary style attacks on my router logon details untill they get it. I ask this because ive watched a freind of mine using a piece of software called 'cain and abel' and all u do is enter an i.p then usually the default router username and password, and thats it....you have someone by the balls 'so to speak' . (same person btw made my life hell using these methods against me)...also know he uses something called 'zeus' to crack wifi keys and something else called etherial (or something that sounds like that). basically now i am wired only to the PS3?.....am i safe from losers like that?? and if i go back wireless again, are the steps ive taken enough??

dhicks19

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
You will never be safe from hackers, the one way to be sure is take a large pickage, put it through your: pc, ps3 ,router, mobile and anything else that transmits data. They can even hack you fridge freezer so be careful.

TRENDING THREADS