Search preferences HIJACKED

Paul

Splendid

No matter how many times I change my search preference
back to Google, it seems to go back to a search engine
that says it is "powered by DRSN." I have changed my
preferences in the past on XP so I know I am doing this
right. This program just seems to have hijacked my
default settings. I cannot locate the files that may
have caused this. It also calls itself ShopNAV and I did
find some files named shnv but didn't correct it.

i want to know the answer to this too. even though my internet explorer's
default is about:blank, it starts with try-this-search.biz

Paul wrote:
> No matter how many times I change my search preference
> back to Google, it seems to go back to a search engine
> that says it is "powered by DRSN." I have changed my
> preferences in the past on XP so I know I am doing this
> right. This program just seems to have hijacked my
> default settings. I cannot locate the files that may
> have caused this. It also calls itself ShopNAV and I did
> find some files named shnv but didn't correct it.

Go to this website first for an overview and to see the real extent of this
problem.
You will also learn about some necessary configurations and free programs
that
can prevent a large list of malicious parasites.

http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

Go to this site and run the online spyware scan:
http://aumha.org/a/noads.htm

Download the following programs to remove the parasite.

Lavasoft Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
SpyBot S&D - http://www.safer-networking.org/
CWShredder : http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/CWShredder.exe

If you are still experiencing spyware related problems, go to the following
website:

http://forum.aumha.org

Click Register to join the forums (free) and then go to the
"Parasites - Adware, Spyware & Other Scumware" forum and post a detailed
explanation of your problem
for expert advice and guidance on how to clean your system.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP