Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Is all this compatible?

Last response: in Systems
Share
January 9, 2012 10:35:48 PM


i5 2500k quadcore sandybridge 3.3 ghz 219.99 95w
asus maximus iv extreme z lga-1155 329.99
coolermaster hafX 199.99
amd radeon r7970 black edition 599.99
8 gb 2x4gb dimms corsair vengance 1600 mhz low profile 49.99
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive 149.99
ASUS Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray Drive Model BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM 57.99
w7 home 64bit 99.99
COOLER MASTER Silent Pro RSA00-AMBAJ3-US 1000W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power 179.99
thermal cleaner 10.00
h100 120
deathadder 59.99
eclipse 3 60.99
Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Open-air Dynamic Audiophile Headphones 108
zaleman mic 10
astro mixamp pro 129.99

More about : compatible

January 9, 2012 10:49:47 PM

Okay, first off... what are you planning to do with this? Secondly, that mobo is ridiculous overkill for what you picked out. Get a $130 gigabyte or asrock board unless you are going to use every feature on the one you picked out. Thirdly, if you do stick with that board, make sure you use it (get faster ram, 1600 is useless on a board like that)

Other than that it looks fine to me, with the exception that you don't have an SSD. Also if you have a spare HDD you can put in this new rig, I would highly recommend it as HDD prices are through the roof still and won't be dropping for a while
Score
0
a c 92 B Homebuilt system
January 9, 2012 10:50:30 PM

Quote:
thermal cleaner 10.00


You don't need this for a new CPU - scrap that.

Quote:

COOLER MASTER Silent Pro RSA00-AMBAJ3-US 1000W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power 179.99
thermal cleaner 10.00


I haven't heard good things about the Silent Pro series. This would be a better PSU for the money: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Quote:
ASUS Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray Drive Model BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM 57.99


I'm in the minority here - I don't like Asus burners at all. I had one that nearly exploded on me. LG would be a better option as would Lite-On, Sony, or even Plextor. Plus OEM drives don't come with software so you have to keep that in mind.

Quote:

deathadder 59.99
eclipse 3 60.99
Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Open-air Dynamic Audiophile Headphones 108
zaleman mic 10
astro mixamp pro 129.99


It'd probably be better to include all this stuff in a separate budget so you can get the most out of what you want to do with your hardware. I don't really know what a lot of this is and it's probably not essential to what you need for your computer.

Quote:
coolermaster hafX 199.99


This case is good, no question but it's huge and massive amounts of overkill, and not easily transportable. You can definitely get by with a lesser case. My favorites are the NZXT Phantom, Corsair Carbide, Cooler Master HAF 912, Fractal Design Arc MIDI, and Antec 1100.

Quote:
Okay, first off... what are you planning to do with this? Secondly, that mobo is ridiculous overkill for what you picked out. Get a $130 gigabyte or asrock board unless you are going to use every feature on the one you picked out. Thirdly, if you do stick with that board, make sure you use it (get faster ram, 1600 is useless on a board like that)


I definitely agree, and there's no brands or links to parts on Newegg - it's hard to decipher what the OP wants to get the most out of.
Score
0
Related resources
January 9, 2012 10:51:46 PM

i second the recommendation on the phantom, I just put it in my new build and it was the best purchase I have made. Also I had no idea about the bottom stuff either, I just ignored it in my reply haha
Score
0
January 9, 2012 10:53:45 PM

i want to keep the mb incase i decide to upgrade to a i72600 , and dont i need ot oc if i want 2100 mhz ram? coulda swore it said that
Score
0
January 9, 2012 10:54:02 PM

and ill be using it for gaming
Score
0
January 9, 2012 10:56:48 PM

For gaming you won't want to upgrade to the 2600k, and if you wanted it why wouldn't you just buy it now? It's overkill, so don't lol

The mobo is also severe overkill, I just checked it out on newegg and you can get the same exact thing for $130. Stick with your 1600mhz ram and get a mobo that's almost 1/3 of the cost. With any z68 board you can upgrade to the 2600, they use the same chipset
Score
0
a c 92 B Homebuilt system
January 9, 2012 10:59:34 PM

robthatguyx said:
and ill be using it for gaming


Then you definitely don't need all the audio stuff - you can scratch that and get that elsewhere.

Quote:
i want to keep the mb incase i decide to upgrade to a i72600 , and dont i need ot oc if i want 2100 mhz ram? coulda swore it said that


Two things - you don't need the 2600 unless you're working with high end video and audio edition programs. And second - it's *NEVER* a good idea to OC your RAM. The speeds listed are always a guideline for RAM makers, and if a motherboard hasn't been tested natively with that speed, chances are it won't run it. When purchasing a motherboard you always want to check the QVL (qualified vendor list) from your manufacturer to see what they recommend and don't recommend. Most P67 and Z68 motherboards haven't been tested natively with 1866 or beyond RAM yet, and your motherboard will always default to the lowest speeds and timings it can handle. You never want to go over the factory specifications - if you do, you'll void your warranty on the RAM, and you could potentially void the warranty on your motherboard as well.
Score
0
January 9, 2012 11:02:46 PM

i also want o be able to run tri cX for 3 monitors at 1080p with the genez thats half the price i cant . ill have the 2500k at 4.5ghz aswell . how hard is overclocking ram if its a fresh build everything new? and with the oem drive do i need one with a install disk?
Score
0
January 9, 2012 11:06:10 PM

thats what i thought with the ram,the audio stuff i dont need but i love the lok of the mb and the fact i can massivly upgrade if i want in the future im pretty sure 8gig of 1600mhz is fine for gaming no?
Score
0

Best solution

a c 92 B Homebuilt system
January 9, 2012 11:08:37 PM

Quote:
i also want o be able to run tri cX for 3 monitors at 1080p with the genez thats half the price i cant . ill have the 2500k at 4.5ghz aswell .


If you're going to run 3 or more displays the Eyefinity is definitely the way to go, and the 7970 will handle those with relative ease. If you're getting the H100 you can take the 2500K beyond 4.5GHz - 5+ would probably kill it but you could safely run it at 4.76 or 4.8.

Quote:
ow hard is overclocking ram if its a fresh build everything new?


You can but you shouldn't - if you see my previous post - it can have serious consequences for your system if something goes wrong. OC'ing your RAM could result in bad things like tons of BSODs and that sort of thing.

Quote:
and with the oem drive do i need one with a install disk?


I'm not sure what you mean - do you mean a Windows install disc, or the software that comes with your optical drive?

Quote:
thats what i thought with the ram,the audio stuff i dont need but i love the lok of the mb and the fact i can massivly upgrade if i want in the future im pretty sure 8gig of 1600mhz is fine for gaming no?


The motherboard is overkill... I wouldn't overspend on something just because you like the looks, that's generally not the way to go about it. :lol: 

8GB is plenty. You only need anything beyond it if you're using video or audio editing programs. And Windows 7 Home Premium has a maximum memory limit of 16GB - so you have to keep that in mind as well.
Share
January 9, 2012 11:17:59 PM

the software for the disk the one guy said it doesnt come with any..i diddnt know i needed any if i was already buying win7 premium, and i probably wont oc my ram but eventually i do want to upgrade to 16 gb because in the near future id like to get into photediting and graphic desighn as a hobby and i think 4.5 is high enough ,and when i said 3 monotors i want a 7970 for each monitor not 1 gpu lol
Score
0
January 9, 2012 11:18:57 PM

from what i see the gene mb only supports 2 way cX while the one im looking at supoports 4 way
Score
0
January 9, 2012 11:28:19 PM

would that be bottle necking to much?
Score
0
January 9, 2012 11:39:10 PM

"and when i said 3 monotors i want a 7970 for each monitor not 1 gpu lol " 3 GPUs for 3 monitors? OK -I'm not reading this thread any more.
Score
0
January 10, 2012 12:01:33 AM

why? i want games to be maxxed and overkilled i know 1 card can do 3 so what will 3 7970s do :D 
Score
0
January 10, 2012 12:04:57 AM

Best answer selected by robthatguyx.
Score
0
!