longabletv

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
My PSU is making an awful noise, constantly when turned on. It was all fine before, but I had to take the mobo out to check that the CPU fan was secure. Which it was. I then put all the parts in correctly. But now it's making a buzzing noise

longabletv

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
Update - I removed my PSU just to check if the fan had something in it. I then span the PSU myself and it made the noise again. I THINK it hitting against one of the wires behind the fan.

Try to take out the video card and just use the onboard graphics and tell me if it still sounds like it is hitting the wires in the fan.

Do you have a different PSU you could borrow from somewhere?

longabletv

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
Found the issue, thanks for the help mate! Now back to the original issue.

My CPU is at 90c. Checked with speed fan and checked with the BOIS. I've made sure the Stock CPU fan was secure. It has the thermal paste which came with it. I have case fans placed correctly.

What was the problem with the other thing?

As for the CPU temperature, are there any BIOS updates available for your motherboard? Some people report being able to reduce CPU temperatures with newer BIOS versions.

Do you have fans in all the places that allow fans?

Front - Inbound
Side - Inbound
Rear - Outbound
Top - Outbound

like that?

Also, are you sure those push pin things are in right? Sometimes it feels like it goes in right but it doesn't. If you can push the fan around sideways it probably isn't on right.

Did you apply the thermal paste yourself? If so what method did you use?

Cryosis00

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Yes, please update your bios and re-seat your heatsink.

90c is way to high high. Also, d/l a program like HWMonitor or RealTemps and report back the temperature either of those programs report,

Your system, assuming it is stock, should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 65c under load or less.