voice mail getting lost

Is it norml for voice mail to either get lost or take a very long time
be delivered?

Or is this the way Cingular treats their red headed step-children (aka
former ATT customers)

This situation is happening more and more with voice mail being delayed
hours, or not being delivered at all

Vinny

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2004

Mailman42 wrote:

> Is it norml for voice mail to either get lost or take a very long time
> be delivered?
>
> Or is this the way Cingular treats their red headed step-children (aka
> former ATT customers)
>
> This situation is happening more and more with voice mail being delayed
> hours, or not being delivered at all

There may be some problems with Cingular's VM. I'd had my cell phone turned
off and got an email from a friend on my computer, asking if I'd gotten the
VM they left me earlier today. After turning the phone on it took a little
over an hour for the phone to notify me I had a VM. I'm in the Tampa area
and have a SE T62U GAIT phone. I stayed in the same location and didn't
move the phone while waiting for the VM to notify me I had a message. Not
complaining, because I know an hour isn't long. Just letting you know my
personal observations today.

"Vinny" <cbxc969@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Mailman42 wrote:
>
>> Is it norml for voice mail to either get lost or take a very long time
>> be delivered?
>>
>> Or is this the way Cingular treats their red headed step-children (aka
>> former ATT customers)
>>
>> This situation is happening more and more with voice mail being delayed
>> hours, or not being delivered at all
>
> There may be some problems with Cingular's VM. I'd had my cell phone
> turned
> off and got an email from a friend on my computer, asking if I'd gotten
> the
> VM they left me earlier today. After turning the phone on it took a
> little
> over an hour for the phone to notify me I had a VM. I'm in the Tampa area
> and have a SE T62U GAIT phone. I stayed in the same location and didn't
> move the phone while waiting for the VM to notify me I had a message. Not
> complaining, because I know an hour isn't long. Just letting you know my
> personal observations today.

This is a constant problem for my family (4 phones) here in the Virginia
Beach area.
Voice mails sometimes arrive immediately and other times have taken as long
as until the next day.
Also have constant signal and dropped call problems throughout this area. On
3 occasions already we have gone without service for several hours due to
"tower problems", and have to call billing each month (3 months now) to get
all the roaming charges removed (again blamed on tower problems).
I am not very impressed with the service since they took over SunCom.

Thanks.. I was hoping I wasn't the only one seeing this problem..