ACDSee default photo viewer

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
May 10, 2005 11:44:11 PM

How do I make acdsee my default photo viewer. Just got xp and it keeps
launching its own viewer - painfully slow.

Cheers

David
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 11:44:12 PM

"David" <d.knibbs@nospam.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> How do I make acdsee my default photo viewer. Just got xp and it keeps
> launching its own viewer - painfully slow.
>
> Cheers
>
> David

2 ways:

The easy way...
From within ACDSee, click the "Tools" menu.
Now click "File Associations..."

In the list of file types, simply check the boxes next to the file types you
want ACDSee to handle from within Windows.
DONE!

Or...
The hard way:

Double click My Computer
-On the "Tools" menu, click "Folder Options..."
-Now click the "File Types" tab
-Scroll down to "jpg," "jpeg", "tiff" etc.
Highlight them, and then click "Change"

Select the program (ACDSee) from the list.

If it's not in the list, Click "Browse" and go to "My computer" C:
Drive...Program Files...ACD Systems...ACDSee
Double click the ACDSee program Icon.

You're done.

-Mark
May 11, 2005 2:46:00 PM

> How do I make acdsee my default photo viewer. Just got xp and it keeps
> launching its own viewer - painfully slow.

Just find an photo file in windows explorer and right click on it. Choose
"Open With..." and select or Browse to ACDC and tick the "always use this
application at the bottom of the screen" button. Repeat for each file type
(jpg, tiff) that you want to associate.

x-- Access to over 1.6 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
!