Mobo & gtx 295 Compatibility

dubyanue

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Hello all, I was wondering if the issue with my graphics card was with my Motherboard or its pci-e 16 slot. I bought a gtx 295 off of a friend and I know for a fact the card is working. I have an hp pavilion p7-1234 with this motherboard

"AAHD2-HY"

I need help finding out if ths motherboard's pci-e 16 is v1 or v2 and whether or not that motherboard is compatible with a Nvidia Gtx 295 graphics card. If so would you guys mind telling me of any cheap motherboards I could get. Thanks! :D

It is PCI-Express Generation 2.

The card is 10.5 inches long. You can check to see if it will fit your PC case.

Power Requirements:
Minimum of a 680 Watt power supply
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 46 amps)
An available 6 pin PCI-E and 8 pin PCI-E power connector

The HP Pavilion p7-1234 Desktop comes with a 300 Watt Power Supply.

dubyanue

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
I do not believe the PSU is the issue, I bought a new psu from a friend that is enough to power the card. the green light on the card shows that is is correctly being powered. THe computer does not even recognize the card at all. No adapters are showing up or anything.

dubyanue

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013

I do not believe the PSU is the issue, I bought a new psu from a friend that is enough to power the card. the green light on the card shows that is is correctly being powered. THe computer does not even recognize the card at all. No adapters are showing up or anything.

dubyanue

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013