A little worried about Coded Arms?

I'm really looking forward to this title but the previews have those buzz
words that usually mean its not very good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that
my fears are not well placed.

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/explorationbasedhorrorfps/preview_6127947.h
tml

http://psp.ign.com/articles/629/629091p1.html

The words that bug me are respectable in the Gamespot preview and in the IGN
preview they use this phrase "so far its working out pretty cool". Neither
preview gives me any hope that its a very good game. JoJo has been wrong many
times to lets hope JoJo has his head up his ass as usual.

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> I'm really looking forward to this title but the previews have those buzz
> words that usually mean its not very good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed
> that
> my fears are not well placed.
>
> http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/explorationbasedhorrorfps/preview_6127947.h
> tml
>
> http://psp.ign.com/articles/629/629091p1.html
>
> The words that bug me are respectable in the Gamespot preview and in the
> IGN
> preview they use this phrase "so far its working out pretty cool". Neither
> preview gives me any hope that its a very good game. JoJo has been wrong
> many
> times to lets hope JoJo has his head up his ass as usual.

They did a G4 preview and they had very good things to say about it on a
couple of their shows. Nothing mind-blowing but so far, it is well above
average.

This months EGM gave it very poor actual rewiews. One of the reviewers gave
it a 3 out of 10. Oh boy. Well, that saves me $50.

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> I'm really looking forward to this title but the previews have those buzz
> words that usually mean its not very good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed
> that
> my fears are not well placed.
>
> http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/explorationbasedhorrorfps/preview_6127947.h
> tml
>
> http://psp.ign.com/articles/629/629091p1.html
>
> The words that bug me are respectable in the Gamespot preview and in the
> IGN
> preview they use this phrase "so far its working out pretty cool". Neither
> preview gives me any hope that its a very good game. JoJo has been wrong
> many
> times to lets hope JoJo has his head up his ass as usual.

In article <heCdnXaIaup7MV_fRVn-iQ@comcast.com>, Estoscacahuates@comcast.net
says...

>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>> I'm really looking forward to this title but the previews have those buzz
>> words that usually mean its not very good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed
>> that
>> my fears are not well placed.

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/explorationbasedhorrorfps/preview_6127947.h
>> tml
>>
>> http://psp.ign.com/articles/629/629091p1.html
>>
>> The words that bug me are respectable in the Gamespot preview and in the
>> IGN
>> preview they use this phrase "so far its working out pretty cool". Neither
>> preview gives me any hope that its a very good game. JoJo has been wrong
>> many
>> times to lets hope JoJo has his head up his ass as usual.
>>

>They did a G4 preview and they had very good things to say about it on a
>couple of their shows. Nothing mind-blowing but so far, it is well above
>average.

Good to hear that. The two I read sounded like they were already making
excuses for the game.

Having played through the game multiple times, I don't think it is a
3/10. More like 5 or 6/10. Average or mediocre--not great, but not
horrible (like Rengoku) either.

The multiplayer bit can be fun, and the randomly-generated levels keeps
things interesting. The graphics are okay, and there is a variety of
weapons and power-up items to collect. The boss battles are also
pretty cool. The main problem with the game is that it is too
simplistic/linear--no puzzles, no objectives, no cut-scenes to advance
the story (which is your basic Tron/Matrix/etc. story of hackers inside
a virtual world). The other problem is that it takes a while to get
used to controlling the game with one stick and the action buttons, but
the game does let you reconfigure all the keys. If you really like
first-person shooters, you might want to check it out as there isn't
any other PSP first-person shooter on the market just yet.

"Android66" <mandrovich@wifibullseye.com> wrote in message
> Having played through the game multiple times, I don't think it is a
> 3/10. More like 5 or 6/10. Average or mediocre--not great, but not
> horrible (like Rengoku) either.
>
> The multiplayer bit can be fun, and the randomly-generated levels keeps
> things interesting. The graphics are okay, and there is a variety of
> weapons and power-up items to collect. The boss battles are also
> pretty cool. The main problem with the game is that it is too
> simplistic/linear--no puzzles, no objectives, no cut-scenes to advance
> the story (which is your basic Tron/Matrix/etc. story of hackers inside
> a virtual world). The other problem is that it takes a while to get
> used to controlling the game with one stick and the action buttons, but
> the game does let you reconfigure all the keys. If you really like
> first-person shooters, you might want to check it out as there isn't
> any other PSP first-person shooter on the market just yet.

Putting it that way, i am a fan of fps's and wouldnt mind that kinda game
for the psp. But i cant wait till the ratchet n clanks or prince of persia
style of game comes out. Thats what i mostly like on consoles. I leave the
fps's to the pc.