Xonar essence stx + sennheiser pc 360

Tags:
  • Sound Cards
  • Headsets
  • Sennheiser
  • Components
Last response: in Components
April 22, 2012 6:33:43 AM

What's the best way to connect my microphone? They way I see it, I could either buy another 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapter that will hopefully let me send mic input from the headset to the sound card, or a "headset buddy" adapter that will let me plug the mic and the headphones into the same hole in the sound card. I don't know if either of these solutions will actually work, nor do I know which would provide better sound. HALP!

More about : xonar essence stx sennheiser 360

Best solution

April 22, 2012 3:11:33 PM

The Xonar Essence STX dosen't really have a "Microphone" input, just a "Line input" that may or may not provide the voltage to power the microphone. Just buy the two adapters ($3/ea or so) and try it and see.

April 22, 2012 9:43:13 PM

The quick start guide that comes with the card says the line in port is the microphone port. "Connect your external PC microphone to this port for voice input. Built-in high-quality Microphone pre-amplifier." Anyway I will be buying an adapter and trying it out.
m
l
August 17, 2012 7:31:26 PM

rward71 said:
The quick start guide that comes with the card says the line in port is the microphone port. "Connect your external PC microphone to this port for voice input. Built-in high-quality Microphone pre-amplifier." Anyway I will be buying an adapter and trying it out.

hey i was thinking of getting the same setup and i wondered if the mic worked for you?? :) 
m
l
August 18, 2012 3:06:09 PM

It does work and sounds great.
m
l
August 18, 2012 3:09:21 PM

rward71 said:
It does work and sounds great.

so was that using the standard stereo 3.5 to 6.3mm adapter for the mic??
m
l
August 26, 2012 10:11:09 AM

I got the Essence STX back in May. Really great card, I couldn't be more satisfied with its performance.
m
l
September 5, 2012 4:17:33 AM

Best answer selected by rward71.
m
l
!