Solved

Xonar essence stx + sennheiser pc 360

What's the best way to connect my microphone? They way I see it, I could either buy another 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapter that will hopefully let me send mic input from the headset to the sound card, or a "headset buddy" adapter that will let me plug the mic and the headphones into the same hole in the sound card. I don't know if either of these solutions will actually work, nor do I know which would provide better sound. HALP!
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about xonar essence sennheiser
  1. Best answer
    The Xonar Essence STX dosen't really have a "Microphone" input, just a "Line input" that may or may not provide the voltage to power the microphone. Just buy the two adapters ($3/ea or so) and try it and see.

2. The quick start guide that comes with the card says the line in port is the microphone port. "Connect your external PC microphone to this port for voice input. Built-in high-quality Microphone pre-amplifier." Anyway I will be buying an adapter and trying it out.
  3. rward71 said:
    The quick start guide that comes with the card says the line in port is the microphone port. "Connect your external PC microphone to this port for voice input. Built-in high-quality Microphone pre-amplifier." Anyway I will be buying an adapter and trying it out.

hey i was thinking of getting the same setup and i wondered if the mic worked for you?? :)
  4. It does work and sounds great.
  5. rward71 said:
    It does work and sounds great.

so was that using the standard stereo 3.5 to 6.3mm adapter for the mic??
  6. davedavidson1987 said:
    so was that using the standard stereo 3.5 to 6.3mm adapter for the mic??

Actually it's a 6.3mm (male) to 3.5mm (female) adapter. ;)

http://www.focalprice.com/CA090X/63mm_Male_to_35mm_Female_TRS_Adapter_Converter.html?utm_source=CS&utm_medium=PA_US&utm_campaign=CS_PA_US_CA090X&gclid=CL3unfn-gbICFWWCQgod3wwAUQ#.UDhbTtZlSYU
  7. I got the Essence STX back in May. Really great card, I couldn't be more satisfied with its performance.
  8. Best answer selected by rward71.
  9. i have the same luminous film problem...
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Gaming Headsets Sennheiser Components