Xigmatek Gaia SD1283 optional fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xador

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
So, I've 'sort of' decided to buy a xigmatek gaia bla bla cpu cooler for my abstract i5 3570K. I've read some reviews and one of them mentioned an optional fan for pulling the air. However, there's only one review that says that so I'm wondering if it's really true. Does anyone happen to know?

If it's possible, can I install my 120mm PWM case fan on it?

Solution
If both fans run near their highest speeds the Excalibur R4 mounted at the rear to pull would also be pulling in air along the sides/top/bottom of the heatsink.
This doesn't seem like a bad idea, after thinking about it for a while.

You could always experiment and see what setup works best.
Stock alone, Excalibur R4 alone. Stock push/Excalibur R4 pull. Excalibur R4 push / stock pull.
Do testing in each configuration and use the one that works best at cooling.

Xador

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011

My case fan is a coolermaster excalibur, 600 2000 rpm. The xigmatek fan can do 800-1500 rpm.

The case fan is just a little bonus, I don't need it but I still want it. :)

35-233-082-Z02
35-103-083-Z03

Xador

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011

I really appreciate your help. My original plan was to use the coolermaster fan as a pull fan, but now that you compare those numbers... lol. I haven't got any experience with cpu cooling, so I don't know what to do. :p

If both fans run near their highest speeds the Excalibur R4 mounted at the rear to pull would also be pulling in air along the sides/top/bottom of the heatsink.
This doesn't seem like a bad idea, after thinking about it for a while.

You could always experiment and see what setup works best.
Stock alone, Excalibur R4 alone. Stock push/Excalibur R4 pull. Excalibur R4 push / stock pull.
Do testing in each configuration and use the one that works best at cooling.

Solution
That could be interesting. Especially if you can control them individually.
I don't see a problem with the idea. Might be interesting for you to play around and see what gives you the best overall performance.

Xador

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
I've ordered a 2700K instead of the 3570K. Why? Well, the 2700K is actually cheaper than both the 2600K and the 3570K at the moment here in Sweden.
I probably don't have to explain any further :p

Also, here's a speculation. Since the push fan is the fan doing the 'real cooling', I think the cooler master excalibur should do the pushing and not just pulling the air out of the case. Besides, the cooler master fan will still be pushing air out of the case, and so will the xigmatek fan, my 120mm case fan and my 140mm case fan.

Thank you for the help WR2!

Status
Not open for further replies.