[SOLVED] Help choosing a case from limited selection

bigjoday

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
Hi All

I live in a middle eastern country and let's just say we desparately need our own newegg. I am stuck with a limited selection of cases for my new build (i5-2500k, Asus Z68 Pro) and not interested in paying high shipping prices for the cases (they're heavy).

So here is what I am stuck with:
COOLER MASTER Elite 311 Plus (RC-311P-TWN2)
Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow Edition (VN40006W2N)
Corsair Carbide Series 400R (CC-9011011-WW)
Cooler Master Storm Enforcer (SGC-1000-KWN1) +1
Antec Eleven Hundred (Eleven Hundred) +2
Corsair Carbide Series 500R (CC-9011012-WW) +5
Antec P280 Black ATX Mid Tower (P280) +2

(UPDATED) My only requirements are:
- that it should have decent/acceptable airflow (gets really hot in here!)
- Good dust guards/filters (you guessed, hot and dusty!)
- and has front USB 3.0 I/O ports

Your help is much appreciated. My current preference is the CM Storm Enforcer

Solution
see brotha,no case is "all good"
everyone of them has some pros and cons.so pick up the one that suits you best.
from me,i would suggest 500r or nzxt phantom.it's a great tower for it's price.

bigjoday

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
Someone over at Anandtech recommended the Antec P280

When I did some research on it, I figured out that the )280 shares the same Chassis as the Eleven Hundred, but the Eleven Hundred has better airflow at the expense of louder noise

I think with how the weather is in the middle east, I would tolerate a bit of noise for better cooling

bigjoday

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
Guys, another thing came to my mind:

Will better cooling/airflow (and thus more fans) accelerate dust build up problems?

Where I live it can get dusty at times (I know the, dust and heat, the bane of electronics! but I have to live with it...)

bigjoday

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
Thanks recon-uk

I see that the 500r and 1100 both have removable dust covers

problem with the silverstone is that it is not available in my country (but should be given its dust blocking abilities which you mention!) so it will cost me my left kidney to ship 25 lbs internationally

bigjoday

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
Oh Noes!

A review on TechSpot is dinging the 500R for being wide open for dust from the side panel:

Lacking side panel dust filter, Only mATX and ATX mobo support, Fans could be a bit more silent
A full $40 (40%) more expensive than the 400R, Dust can easily enter the system

http://www.techspot.com/products/cases/corsair-carbide-500r.81399/

Just when I thought I found the right case :(

If you find that your dust filters aren't keeping out enough of the dust, then you can try putting cheesecloth over the intakes. A single layer is thin, catches fine dust particulate well, and is very inexpensive. I've used it on ventilation systems that supply air to electronics. Just don't make it too thick; 2-3 layers thick should be good. It will reduce some of your airflow so monitor your temps when you first install to make sure you still have sufficient cooling.

Edit: An exaple of cheesecloth: http://www.amazon.com/Cheesecloth-Commercial-Grade-SqYrd-SqFt/dp/B005SW94B6

i am sure you won't regret that case,it is of the best case IMO.and select any 'best answer' to solve the topic.