Could i mix high and low profile vengeance rams together???

blammm

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
I'm building a rig soon when the 3770k hit the shelves. Initially intended to get the h80 for cooling but after reading forums about pump noise and parts dying after months of use. i decided to go with a 212 evo. that way i save some cash and could opt for a gtx 570 instead of 560 ti.

the reason for the H80 was i could access the memory dimms easily if something gone wrong with the dimms or ram. For 212 evo i could do the same by just removing the fan without removing the HSF and reapply thermal paste.

i know that 212 evo can't fit high profile vengeance rams on certain mobo on the first dimm slot if i were to use 4gbx4 rams. is it possible i were to use low profile vengeance on the first and third dimm 4gbx2 and the high profile ones 4gbx2 on the the second and the forth dimms. i'm doing blue theme on my rig i just wanted a wow factor and things to be slick thru my 600t window panel. so this might be a silly question but i'm just curious if its possible. if not i'm gonna stick with low profile ones.

Solution
1-get 7870 instead of 570,it is a newer card and performs head to head with 580.
2-if you are talking about using high profile with low profile vengeance then yes will run fine.heatsinks are useless IMO.

blammm

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
I'm going to stick with the GTX series because the cuda core helps to render my work on premier pro ALOT with mercury engine playback.

yeah i know that but they just look awesome thru window panels. anyway thanks for answering my silly question.