Connections to the motherboard. help!

saadgamer

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
hi everyone,

I just got a PC built by one of my friends who assembled it. But I have doubts that he could not properly connect the wires of my PC Casing which is Cooler Master HAF 932 with my PC motherboard which is Asus P8Z68 DELUXE. Also I think that he connected the wires of my Sata 6 GB WD hard drive and my DVDRW wire with my PC motherboard at the wrong places. I am posting below the links of the pics below where I have mentioned where the wires are attached currently. Kindly examine and guide me.

PS: When my PC boots up there comes the message "No physical drive detected". Kindly inform me what to do. :)

Your western digital drive should be detected by the bios regardless of which sata port it is connected to on the motherboard. Check the connections on the drive and motherboard, particularly the power supply lead to the drive. I also use software to prep the drive. If you bought a retail boxed wd drive, then it may have a bootable software cd to prep the drive. Sometimes this helps. Also be sure to use just one drive at a time to load windows, and set the boot order in the bios to cd (or dvd)>hardrive (or ide 0), disable any settings relating to the floppy drive, save and exit.

saadgamer

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010

Actually the hard drive is detected by the motherboard. The PC is working and boots up with Windows 7. When the PC is in the process of booting up the message comes up i.e. "no physical drive detected". I think it is because of the red wire of the front panel of CM HAF 932 which is attached to the navy blue slot on the motherboard. (Please see the mobo pic)

g-unit1111

Titan

Do you get this error message during the POST (startup) screen or do you get this on the RAID driver detection after the POST screen?

It happens a lot on Intel boards and that generally means nothing, I don't know how it translates to Asus boards - I've used a few of them on very different platforms and I've never run into this.

saadgamer

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Ok. Can you inform me where in the motherboard should I insert the red wire of the casing. (I have mentioned the current location of the red wire on the mobo image I have posted). Also inform where should I insert the DVDRW in the motherboard. (I have also mentioned the current location of where the DVD RW wire is currently inserted).