A few upgrade for my old system with Diablo3 in mind

smarff

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
hey guys,
want to upgrade my system a bit for diablo3. beta runs like 35 fps in town and 15 in battles.

thats my system:
power rasurbo silent and power dlp55.1 550 watt
motherboard gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H AMD 780G am2+
CPU athlon64 x2 5200+ ee am2 boxed
RAM Kingston Original ddr2 800 2048
GFX sapphire radeon hd4830 512 mb pcie 2.0
HD seagte 500GB 7200 on IDE bus

the guy in the store told me that the cpu barely keeps up with the graphic card and the next step would be to get a new cpu...

so i was thinking about something like
AMD Phenom X4 9650 - Quad-Core

also getting 2 gigs more ram and a ssd.

what do you guys think? i really dont want to spend much money

funguseater

Distinguished
I would suggest getting the Phenom II 960T, only 95 Watts, Overclocks great and is highly unlockable (maybe 6 core) if your motherboard can unlock.

My HD5750 overclocked is barely able to keep up on full screens of battle I would suggest you upgrade to at least a 7770 / 6870.

Yeah SSD's are great for responsiveness, but GPU is much more important.

Fungi

I've used a phenom 1 generation and they are not all as horrible as people made them out to be but at least not as terrible as BD in some aspects that phenom 1 later evolved into a very decent product. I do suggest that you upgrade your drive to a sata model and get a cheap ssd to pair up with it as a paging drive. Blizzard games really do need high random 4k performance and slow drives make for horrible fps. As for the card you might be able to make do if money is an issue but I suggest a gtx460 level performing card.

G

power rasurbo silent and power dlp55.1 550 watt
what the h3ll is that?!?!
what do you guys think? i really dont want to spend much money
I would suggest getting the Phenom II 960T, only 95 Watts, Overclocks great and is highly unlockable (maybe 6 core) if your motherboard can unlock.

My HD5750 overclocked is barely able to keep up on full screens of battle I would suggest you upgrade to at least a 7770 / 6870.

Yeah SSD's are great for responsiveness, but GPU is much more important.

Fungi

+1

smarff

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012

thanks alot for the input so far guys. damn i didnt even know my motherboard could support phenom II. on the box its just phenom.

thanks alot for posting this.

out of that list what has the best price/performance relationship? really have no idea what cpu is good at the moment.