boscotherock

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Just curious if anyone knew of some cases that open on the RIGHT side instead of the standard left (if you are looking at it from the front). Right now I have my build inside an old HP case which opens on the right and its the only way it will work with my desk setup.

If it were to open on the left as well as the ventilation, it would vent directly into a wall and cause me heat issues and I don't want that. I don't have any other way to set up to allow me to use a left side case so please don't suggest that.

Also budget isn't too high... I've been sitting here going through Newegg and everything seems to open on the left. Also Google searching isn't getting me anywhere. This is so frustrating.

DelroyMonjo

Distinguished
Are you saying that motherboard and PSU access is really from the left panel but since you have that panel against a wall, you don't have access? Is that what you are describing? If you had right side panel access, virtually nothing would be accessible. How would you add RAM or replace a motherboard?
A real quandary.....

boscotherock

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
No, currently I'm able to access all innards from the right side. The left side is held shut with pop rivets. I want a new case that is essentially the same way, opens on the right side to access the components. The left side is up against a wall, so I need a case that opens and vents on the right.