I purchased 2 of the HVR-1800 to install into my HTPC to have two OTA tuners. The H77M has 2 PCI-e slots. One 2.0x16 slot and another 3.0x16 slot. I can get the mobo to recognize the tuner while in the 2.0x16 slot. However, It will not recognize the card when in the 3.0x16 slot.
Things I have done so far:
1. Swapped tuners to see if it could be a bad tuner. Both tuners are recognized while in the 2.0x16 slot.
2. Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and such. No change.
3. Contacted Hauppage. No help as it was determined that the cards were functioning.
4. Contacted ASRock. No helpful. They basically said the PCI-e slots were for video cards not for tuner cards. And I should be happy that at least one is functional.
5. Updated BIOS. No change.
6. Changed PCIE Link speed from Auto to GEN1. No change.