Thermal paste question

mistapitts

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
Hi,
I've been running my AMD Phenom 2 925 @ 3.5GHz for a few weeks now off the stock heatsink and paste, and during games such as Counter-Strike Source, and League of legends my Temp. remains stable (57-65C) but when I play more 3D-based games such as the Diablo 3 beta my CPU get's extremely hot (I didn't check until the game exited but openhardware monitor read 65C after it had already been cooling for almost 30 seconds) which means it was running at around 70!

So I was wondering if I should reapply antec formula 7 paste instead of the stock paste? (got the paste for ps3 ylod)
Would it really make a difference? Or should I just lower my overclock when I want to play bigger games until I get enough spare cash for a Cooler Master 212+?

Many thanks to all who respond

**Sorry for the repost but I shouldn't have put it under "Antec"

Solution
Doesn't hurt to try it, just be sure to thoroughly remove the old paste before applying the new one. Also be sure to re-seat the heat sink firmly. If it doesn't help the by all means, buy a better cooler.

sk1939

Distinguished
Doesn't hurt to try it, just be sure to thoroughly remove the old paste before applying the new one. Also be sure to re-seat the heat sink firmly. If it doesn't help the by all means, buy a better cooler.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS