daytrader99

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Just ordered this setup for driving 4 monitors (running business applications)

I kind of feel like i went overboard . Although i think this is the cheapest video card on ibuypower i could have ordered. . . (i had to get 2 to power 4 monitors)

came to around 1200

1 x Case CoolerMaster Silencio 550 Gaming Case - Black
1 x Processor Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor (4x 3.30GHz/6MB L3 Cache)
1 x Processor Cooling Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System (Intel) - ARC Dual Silent High Perfornamce Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)
1 x Memory 8 GB [2 GB X4] DDR3-1866 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand
1 x Video Card AMD Radeon HD 6750 - 1GB - CrossFire Mode (Dual Cards)
1 x Video Card Brand Major Brand Powered by AMD or NVIDIA
1 x Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P67A-D3-B3
1 x Power Supply 650 Watt - Casegears ECO-Element / 80+
1 x Primary Hard Drive 60 GB Corsair Force Series GT SSD - Single Card
1 x Data Hard Drive 500 GB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive
1 x Optical Drive 24X Sony Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black
1 x Operating System None- Pre-formatted Hard Drive Only

g-unit1111

Titan
I kind of feel like i went overboard . Although i think this is the cheapest video card on ibuypower i could have ordered. . . (i had to get 2 to power 4 monitors)

I would have advised against IBUYPOWER and here's why.

1 x Video Card AMD Radeon HD 6750 - 1GB - CrossFire Mode (Dual Cards)

The 6750 is very underpowered for running four monitors. And on an Eyefinity setup - even running the latest and greatest like the 7970 - only supports 3 monitors per card. You want at least a 6850 or better would be the 6950.

1 x Power Supply 650 Watt - Casegears ECO-Element / 80+

You don't want a no-name PSU like this. That rating could have been obtained falsely and unless it's a major manufacturer like Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, even Cooler Master, I wouldn't go with it. Read this: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/low-cost-psu-pc-power-supply,2862.html

1 x Data Hard Drive 500 GB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive
1 x Optical Drive 24X Sony Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black
1 x Operating System None- Pre-formatted Hard Drive Only

No OS and a no name HD is a definite red flag - you'll have to buy a Windows 7 disc on your own.

1 x Processor Cooling Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System (Intel) - ARC Dual Silent High Perfornamce Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)
1 x Memory 8 GB [2 GB X4] DDR3-1866 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand

When they use off brands or they don't specify what brand something is - that's a HUGE red flag. If you get off brand anything chances are good that you won't be able to get support or RMA for it if something goes wrong.

And I generally tend to advise against liquid cooling - air is far superior and tends to have less of a fail rate.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I'd definitely cancel if you can - there's a lot of red flags there and you can get a much better system if you build it yourself. If they sell you no name and underpowered components, and then won't even tell you the brands until you buy them - that could potentially be disastrous.

metal orient

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011

A standard 6950 cannot power 4 screens, AMD cards come with Eyefinity which allows 3 screens and NVIDIA pretty much only power 2, there are cards that have been specially made by manufacturers that will allow 4 screens.

KFA2 (among others although i can't remember who else does) makes some NVIDIA 4 screen cards:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/kfa2-geforce-gtx-560-ti-mdt-x5-review/

http://www.guru3d.com/article/kfa2-geforce-gtx-570-mdt-x4-review/

And as you pointed out crossfire/SLI can power that many, so crossfired 6770's may be a cheaper option, probably could go for cheaper cards if you have no need of 3D performance

g-unit1111

Titan

Interesting - I've never heard of this card maker before. Is this a professional card or is it meant for gaming?

g-unit1111

Titan

What I meant was is the particular card in question marketed to the gaming or professional markets? I've never heard of it before today - I'm well familiar with Fire Pro and Quaddro.