Connect between two PC's

Last response: in Technologies
August 13, 2004 6:16:48 AM

I have a LAN with few PCs(in my house) and a PC laptop(office). I
haven't got a fixed telephone in my house. I want be able to connect
my laptop to my LAN in my house using VNC.

I have a GSM modem (WAVECOM) with a data line. I can connect using AT
commands, but I can't use VNC in this connection.
Does anybody knows any modem-GSM LAN that I can use to connect to my
LAN using VNC?
Thanks in advance.

mikerinos2000@@@@@@@hotmail.com
----Remove @@@@ to send any mail----

More about : connect

Anonymous
August 13, 2004 10:19:07 PM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.gsm - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <ac3c6c9a.0408130116.55c91f9b@posting.google.com> on 13 Aug 2004 02:16:48
-0700, mikerinos2000@hotmail.com (mikerinos2000@hotmail.com) wrote:

>I have a LAN with few PCs(in my house) and a PC laptop(office). I
>haven't got a fixed telephone in my house. I want be able to connect
>my laptop to my LAN in my house using VNC.
>
>I have a GSM modem (WAVECOM) with a data line. I can connect using AT
>commands, but I can't use VNC in this connection.
>Does anybody knows any modem-GSM LAN that I can use to connect to my
>LAN using VNC?

1. VNC is more a single remote desktop connection than a network connection.
If you want a network connection, then you probably want some type VPN
(Virtual Private Networking) or other type of tunneling (e.g., SSH [Secure
Shell]).

2. VNC should work over pretty much any network connection or tunnel, no
matter how it's set up, so the hardware is probably not your problem.

3. You need to be more specific on your hardware, software, network, and what
you're trying to do.