AMD dual-cores for FSX

CaptAlan

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Hi guys!

We'll soon be getting a new PC... Now the ONLY AMDs we are considering are both dual-core and they are: The AMD A4-3300 2.5GHz APU 1MB L2 Cache Skt FM1 Dual and the AMD ATHLON II X2 260 3.2GHz.

I need to know which one is best for playing Flight Simulator X sp2 and WHY.
Graphics, speed, ect.

Thanks in advance and please only focus on these two... :)

Solution
Neither are particularly good for what you want.

The A4 (Llano) is basically an Athlon with built in Graphics. So if you can rustle up some more cash for a basic gaming GPU the athlon would be best as it has more CPU grunt with its higher clock speed.

If you can really not stretch anymore at all the the Llano will give better graphics than the antique Geforce chipset on the other motherboard (or the equally pointless inbuilt hd3000). This will be at the expense of proccesor speed though.

As i said to you in your other thread you really need to try and stretch a little higher a phenom II quad core would be a leaps and bounds improvement there.

As to a dedicated GPU you need one for that game to run at any sort of graphical quality. A...
D

Deleted member 217926

Flight simulator is a known resourse hog and can make even top of the line systems seem weak with all the eye candy turned on. You would be MUCH better off with a quad core CPU. If I had to pick between the two listed I would say the higher clock speed of the Athlon II would be better assuming you are getting a discreet GPU with it.

CaptAlan

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
With the Athlon II 3.2GHZ x2 I can choose between Asrock N68-VS3 FX or Biostar N68S3B mobo with Geforce 7025/nForce 630a or I can pay a bit extra and get a Biostar A780L3B Motherboard with Radeon HD3000 onboard. I can always buy a GeForce GT520 1GB although I don't have money for anything better...

With the AMD A4-3300 2.5GHz APU the mobo is the Asrock A75M-HVS with Radeon HD6410D

Thanks for replying!

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012
Neither are particularly good for what you want.

The A4 (Llano) is basically an Athlon with built in Graphics. So if you can rustle up some more cash for a basic gaming GPU the athlon would be best as it has more CPU grunt with its higher clock speed.

If you can really not stretch anymore at all the the Llano will give better graphics than the antique Geforce chipset on the other motherboard (or the equally pointless inbuilt hd3000). This will be at the expense of proccesor speed though.

As i said to you in your other thread you really need to try and stretch a little higher a phenom II quad core would be a leaps and bounds improvement there.

As to a dedicated GPU you need one for that game to run at any sort of graphical quality. A 520 is not in anyway a gaming card. If the budget is super tight you still shouldnt go below a 440 or even a 2nd hand 9800 or 450 from ebay (they often go for peanuts).

If you listed a proper budget people here could find you the best parts possible.

If your budget really is as scant as it appears though take this advice. STOP and save up till you can afford a system that will actually do what you want. Better to wait X amount of time and get something useful than rush in head first get sold junk and spend ages regretting and periodically bleeding cash in an attempt to upgrade bits.

Solution