How add custom entries to RHS of Start menu?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,alt.os.windows-xp (More info?)

How can I add my own entries to the *right* hand side of the START
menu?
4 answers Last reply
More about custom entries start menu
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,alt.os.windows-xp (More info?)

    Depends on what you are wanting to do and/or replace .....

    You can replace either My Pictures or My Music with a specialized folder of
    your choice. It will behave as the above folders do as in cascading, etc.

    Add Folder to Start Menu - Replace MP or MM (Line 2)

    Or you can add a folder or link under Search and Run. Note: If you running
    an OEM, it will replace their link.

    Add a Folder or Link Under the Run Command (Line 180)

    And/or: Add a folder to My Computer, Desktop and Right Click (Start Button)

    Add a Folder to My Computer and Desktop (Line 130)
    Add a Folder to the Start Button - Right Click (Line 124)

    Another option is adding a special folder to My Documents as a sub.

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly

    Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
    2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    "Waraf Nido" <noemail@invalid.com> wrote in message
    > How can I add my own entries to the *right* hand side of the START
    > menu?

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    "Squire" <jerrym526@cableone.net> wrote
    And what gives you the right to dictate to the rest of the world ?
    --
    JerryM (ID)

    Study the article at http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

    Also check the meaning of the word _etiquette_
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    "Rock" <rock@comcast.nospam.net> wrote
    | Top posting is accepted in this group.

    Do the rules of "netiquette" not apply in this group?
    If not, where is this stated?
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    anonymouse wrote:

    > "Rock" <rock@comcast.nospam.net> wrote
    > | Top posting is accepted in this group.
    >

    > Do the rules of "netiquette" not apply in this group?
    > If not, where is this stated?

    I'm not gonna get into this discussion again. It is accepted in this
    newsgroup.

Configuration Start Menu Microsoft Customization Windows XP