Date & time getting wrong

aravinda

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
I've a gigabyte GAZ77-dh3 main board. when i turn on the pc every days the date and time I've to reset again.
I thought the problem is cmos battery so I put a better worked new CMOS battery. but still this problem happens.
please can some one help me about this????????????????????

aravinda

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013

it isn't resetting to the date of manufacture. sometimes it is 2-5 hours different. also some time when i power on the cpu it doesn't turn on. means not power coming to mouse,key board ,fans .................. then maybe when i turn on the cpu after 1-2 days power comes. i can not understand which part the problem is. does it have a power block in my main board. or is power supply unit the problem.

groundrat

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2012
Your power supply is dependent on your home current. That current should be AC, between 50 and 60Hz. The closer to 60 hz the better. Older computers could be thrown off by powering them at 45-50 hz. It wasn't dramatic, but they lost time slowly to the tune of a few minutes every week.

Best defense is a good UPS. An ups takes home current, turns it to DC and then back to AC @ 60 hz exactly. Not sure if the swings you are seeing can be chocked up to power, but it might be a contributing factor. It may also be that the timing on the motherboard has been messed with (overclocking attempts?) to the point that the board isn't keeping accurate time anymore.

I'd reset everything to factory, if that doesn't do and you are still in your RMA window, its most likely the board as alexoiu said.

Regardless, I highly recommend an UPS to anyone who wants to protect their investment.